Resumes provide a lot of information about an individual to a hiring manager – that is, if they are structured properly.
A resume that lacks structure and form is first to be binned by impatient employers who have other “choices”. Do not let this happen to your resume.
Read the following Kmart cashier resume example and base your own resume on it:
Kmart Resume Sample
49 Dunkin Avenue
Bridgeport, WV 23609
lisa.baker @ email . com
Highly experienced individual with extensive experience working as a cashier in a retail setting. Demonstrated expertise in accurately and safely handling cash, and providing exceptional customer services to ensure repeat business.
• Proven ability to operate complex POS systems to process cash and credit card transactions.
• Hands-on experience in assisting supervisors in controlling customer flow and backed-up lines, to reduce waiting time.
• Effectively able to follow all cash handling procedures, by meeting regional cashier variance policies.
• Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, and thank customers, aiming to ensure retention of their business.
✓ POS Operations ✓ Discrepancy Control
✓ Suggestive Selling ✓ Drawer Balancing
✓ Payment Processing ✓ Merchandise Rotation
✓ Returns Processing ✓ Pricing Assistance
✓ Bank Liaison ✓ Reconciliation
✓ Accounting Support ✓ Customer Retention
Kmart, Bridgeport, WV
6/2017 – Present
• Greet customers as they arrive at the cash counter and assist them in placing their purchases on the belt.
• Check each item for pricing information, and/or scan each product into the system.
• Create totals of all purchases, and communicate total payable amounts to customers.
• Take and process cash and credit cards, tender receipts, and change.
• Instruct baggers to pack purchases appropriately and deliver them to customers’ vehicles.
• Indulge in suggestive selling techniques to encourage customers to make extra purchases.
• Balance cash drawers at the end of each shift, ensuring that no discrepancy is evident.
• Create and maintain effective liaisons with banks to ensure timely deposits and obtainment of change.
• Successfully processed 450 purchases on one POS machine, in the event of unusually high customer traffic.
• Reconciled a particularly stubborn entry that had been in limbo for over 5 months.
Macy’s, Bridgeport, WV
2/2009 – 5/2017
• Coordinated efforts with the warehouse area to ensure the delivery of items in a timely manner.
• Stocked shelves with products, ensuring that each item is placed according to provided instructions.
• Assisted customers in locating their choice of products and provided demonstrations where required.
• Provided support to customers by leading them through purchasing and payment procedures.
• Ensured the cleanliness and maintenance of assigned areas, to ensure compliance with the store’s standards.
• Increased the store’s retail sales by 25% by suggestively selling products during checkout time.
• Suggested using the 4 Ps of marketing to handle stocking activities, resulting in increased sales of popular retail products.
High School Diploma
Bridgeport High School, Bridgeport, WV