Resumes provide a lot of information about an individual to a hiring manager – that is, if they are structured properly.
A resume that lacks structure and form is first to be binned by impatient employers who have other “choices”.
Do not let this happen to your resume.
Read the following resume example and base your own resume on it:
Kmart Resume Sample
49 Dunkin Avenue, Bridgeport, WV 23609
lisa.baker @ email . com
Highly experienced individual, boasting of extensive experience of working as a cashier in a retail setting. Demonstrated expertise in accurately and safely handling cash, and providing exceptional customer services to ensure repeat business.
• Proven ability to operate complex POS systems to process cash and credit card transactions
• Hands-on experience in assisting supervisors in controlling customer flow and backed up lines, to reduce waiting time
• Effectively able to follow all cash handling procedures, by meeting regional cashier variance policies
• Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage and thank customers, aiming to ensure retention of their business
|✓ POS Operations||✓ Discrepancy Control||✓ Suggestive Selling|
|✓ Drawer Balancing||✓ Payment Processing||✓ Merchandise Rotation|
|✓ Returns Processing||✓ Pricing Assistance||✓ Bank Liaison|
|✓ Reconciliation||✓ Accounting Support||✓ Customer Retention|
Kmart, Bridgeport, WV | 6/2010 – Present
• Greet customers as they arrive at the cash counter and assist them in placing their purchases on the belt
• Check each item for pricing information, and / or scan each product into the system
• Create totals of all purchases, and communicate total payable amounts to customers
• Take and process cash and credit cards, and tender receipts and change
• Instruct baggers to pack purchases appropriately and deliver them to customers’ vehicles
• Indulge in suggestive selling techniques to encourage customers to make extra purchases
• Balance cash drawers at the end of each shift, ensuring that no discrepancy is evident
• Create and maintain effective liaison with banks to ensure timely deposits and obtainment of change
• Successfully processed 450 purchases on one POS machine, in the event of unusually high customer traffic.
• Reconciled a particularly stubborn entry that had been in limbo for over 5 months.
Macy’s, Bridgeport, WV | 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Coordinated efforts with the warehouse area to ensure delivery of items in a timely manner
• Stocked shelves with products, ensuring that each item is placed according to provided instructions
• Assisted in customers in locating their choice of products and provided demonstrations where required
• Provided support to customers by leading them through purchasing and payment procedures
• Ascertained the cleanliness and maintenance of assigned areas, to ensure compliance with the store’s standards
• Increased the store’s retail sales by 25% by suggestively selling products during checkout time.
• Suggested using the 4 Ps of marketing to handle stocking activities, resulting in increased sales of popular retail products.
Bridgeport High School, Bridgeport, WV | 2009
High School Diploma