If you have an interest in biology and a degree to support your interest, you might want to work as a biologist. A biologist is responsible for studying different life forms to determine their relationship with the environment.
Depending on their area of study, biologists may study different aspects of life such as plants and small animals and some may work on inventing bio-fuels and drugs.
If you are building a biologist resume, you need to customize the following resume sample to your specialization.
Biologist Resume Example
37 Woods Lane, Ardmore, OK 44125
11+ years hands-on work experience in environmental consulting. Highly skilled in preparing, analyzing and testing specimens. Ability to use laboratory equipment and instruments in a safe and useful manner. Working knowledge of preparing comprehensive laboratory and research notes.
• Technical writing
• Data management
• Field data collection
• Natural resources field work
• Knowledge of PR & VI fauna & native vegetation
• Wetlands delineation
• MS Excel and Word
• Cell phone applications
Cardno Entrix, Ardmore, OK 2011-present
• Manage the adjustment and correlation of data
• Manage biological data by collecting and analyzing procedures
• Study plants and animals and the effect of environmental conditions such as pollution on them
• Communicate test results to the appropriate authority
• Supervise biological technicians
• Study the basic principles of plant and animal life as each project dictates
• Breed and cultivate aquatic life following accurate procedures
Cardno Entrix, Ardmore, OK 2007-2011
• Handled insects and maintained their colonies ensuring appropriate diets
• Assisted in biological research activities
• Performed data management services
• Participated in environmental studies
M.S, Biological Sciences – 2006
Oklahoma State University, Ardmore, OK
• Excellent communication skills
• Solid time management skills
• Working knowledge of chemicals and procedures used in a laboratory environment
• Deadline oriented