Targeted resumes for marine biologist position rule – there are no two ways about it.
Trolling the job market is getting trickier by the day and the generic resume has died an early death.
What needs to be done now? Get into the groove of writing a targeted resume, is what needs to be done.
Following is a marine biologist sample for your guidance in this regard.
455 NE 102nd Street | Redmond, WA 97002 | (000) 585-2910 | janjon @ email .com
7+ years of progressive experience in research, analysis and forecasts in relation to oceans and their life forms. A highly dependable individual who has a solid outlook on work and a penchant for moving forward.
• Documented success in collecting samples and data using GIS systems and coring techniques
• Highly skilled in designing scientific experiments and collating findings to create detailed studies of marine subjects
• Experienced in conducting sea-based and experimentation with the help of sea vessels
• Qualified to advise on matters such as climate change, sea-based energy technologies and environmental impacts
|• Coastal Processes||• Hydrographic Surveying|
|• Paleo-oceanography||• Data Analysis|
|• Awareness Raising||• Species Population Assessment|
|• Marine Energy Technologies||• Grant Funding|
|• Ocean Modeling and Forecasting||• Experiments Designing|
|• Equipment Building||• Health and Safety|
• Discovered an untapped marine species, earning both accolades and fame for efforts put into its research
• Singlehandedly built undersea equipment that increased efficiency of underwater navigation by 67%
• Saved a fellow marine biologist from a shark attack during a particularly harrowing undersea expedition
• Wrote 23 papers on diverse marine biology subjects, all of which have been published in journals and magazines
Earth Resources Technology, Redmond, WA | 6/2010 – Present
• Create and implement plans to decipher non-invasive and safe ways of studying marine life
• Study marine life in their natural habitats and assess effects of environment and industry on them
• Estimate plant and wildlife population through set census standards and procedures
• Analyze characteristics of marine life in a bid to categorize them effectively
• Organize and conduct experimental studies of marine life with a view to understand their specific characteristics
• Handle administrative work including funds raising and grants obtaining aimed at facilitating marine studies
• Oversee the care and distribution of marine life within aquariums to ensure replication of their natural habitats
• Ascertain that preventative care programs are implemented to control outbreak of diseases
Junior Marine Biologist
Resource Net, Redmond, WA | 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Provided support in collecting marine wildlife and ensured that their habitats were properly maintained
• Assisted in planning and undertaking laboratory based experiments and research work
• Recorded and analyzed data from biological experiments and processes
• Utilized tracking technologies to effectively study specific marine organisms
• Assisted in identifying new funding sources and applying for grants to aid marine studies and experiments
Washington State University, Redmond, WA – 2008
Bachelor of Science Biology
Major: Marine Biology