At some stage in your career, you may need to resign from your current job for career advancement, study, or domestic problems.
When resigning from a job, stay away from burning the professional bridges and your relationship with the employer. You have to leave your job gracefully!
Write a resignation letter in a way that does not close the reemployment doors.
It can only be achieved through a well-written formal resignation letter – either with immediate effect or a two weeks’ notice.
How to Write The Best Resignation Letter?
- In order to make a good resignation letter, use the professional business template.
- Give adequate notice to the employer so that he can arrange your replacement.
- Keep it to the point, polite and confident because you might require a reference from the employer in the future.
- Just state that you are resigning and give the date your resignation will be effective.
- In general, there is no need to provide the reason for resignation except you have personal relationships with the employer.
- Thanks to the employer for career development opportunities provided by them.
- Offer to help in the transition, and give training to the replacement.
Here is the best resignation letter sample that you can use as a template.
The Best Resignation Letter Example
November 15, 2020
Ms. Anglia Jones
322 Some Drive
Austin, TX 62145
Dear Ms. Jones:
I am writing to inform you that I am resigning from my position as Restaurant Server for the ABC Restaurant on a 2-weeks notice, effective November 30.
I would like to extend my appreciation to ABC Restaurant for allowing me to work with marvelous people for the last three years. During my work, I have gained vast knowledge, experience, and skills in the hospitality and customer service arena.
Your support, training, friendship, and sincerity will always be remembered. Thank you very much for the chances for professional and personal development that you have given me throughout my service.
I will be contented to provide any help and training to the new server during this changeover. Again, thank you for your time and support which was provided to me during my employment at ABC Restaurant.
Recommended: Best Teacher Resignation Letter