Tips and Techniques
• In an Elementary Teacher Resignation Letter, show your gratitude to the school for giving you the opportunity to teach.
• Mention your notice period as well as resignation effective date.
• An Elementary Teacher Resignation Letter doesn’t need to be very long, and you don’t require giving reasons as to why you are leaving.
• If you want to mention the reason for your resignation, then keep it simple and positive (for instance exploring other opportunities, domestic problem, and the like).
• Be respectful and formal; mention that you are grateful for all of the opportunities you’ve had and the things you have learned.
• Write optimistically, i.e., “It was a pleasure to work for ABC School” – not “increment in my salary was not granted.”
Take a look at the samples below in order to get a better idea of how to write your elementary teacher resignation letter.
Elementary Teacher Resignation Letter Sample 1
536 Some Street
Hollywood, CA 96521
June 1, 2019
Dr. John Doe
St. Joseph Elementary School
954 West Avenue
Hollywood, CA 96521
Dear Mr. Doe:
Please accept this letter as my formal resignation from my position as Elementary Teacher for St. Joseph School on a 2-weeks notice. June 14 will be my last day at my job.
Working at the St. Joseph Elementary School has been rewarding in many ways, and I enjoyed my tenure here. My students have given me great contentment over the years, and the coworkers have been helpful to work with.
Thank you very much for your support and leadership, which developed me professionally. I wish the students and staff all the best in their future endeavors.
If I can be of any support to you during the changeover, please let me know.
Elementary Teacher Resignation Letter Sample 2 (Medical Reasons)
June 1, 2019
Ms. Celine Wright
Kings Cross Elementary School
4903 School Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 37994
Dear Ms. Wright:
It is with a heavy heart that I tender my resignation from my position as Elementary Teacher on a two-weeks’ notice. That is to say, June 14 will be my last working day at Kings Cross Elementary School.
I began my career as a teacher here 12 years ago and, in fact, it was a hard decision. However, circumstances do not allow me to continue my work here any longer.
I had not been feeling too well for the last four months. Upon medical investigation, it was discovered that I am suffering from a chronic illness. Unfortunately, the effects of this illness have begun to my work. Consequently, I discovered that I would not be able to do justice to my work.
In reality, I do not want my students to suffer. Therefore, I have decided to take a break.
Kings Cross Elementary School has given me a lot of love over the years, and it is breaking my heart that I have to leave now. However, all my colleagues and supervisors will always be in my thoughts and prayers.
Writing an Elementary Teacher resignation letter is difficult. Not because of the format or the choice of words, but the emotional attachment with children as well as school.
People are often devoted to teaching jobs, and leaving them makes for an uneasy task.
However, when one has to write a resignation letter, the samples written above will help them a lot.