Developing a resume for a front desk or reception position – where customer service is the primary focus – requires great effort at your end.
Jumping from concept to concept in a resume is no fun for the employer who is looking for solid information and as little effort from his or her end as possible.
As far as a good sample resume for vet receptionist is concerned, here is one to help you in your resume writing efforts:
Sample Resume for Vet Receptionist Position
7 North Street
Langdon, ND 58332
angelina.cooper @ email . com
• Customer service-oriented individual with inherent love and respect for animals and hands-on experience of working as a first contact representative in a large animal care facility.
• Highly skilled in providing information regarding clinical practices and assisting veterinary doctors in providing care to animals.
• Proven ability to determine clients’ nature of visits to clinics and provide them with correlating information of services.
• Skilled in creating, maintaining, and modifying patients’ records and processing records transfers efficiently.
• Able to effectively restrain animals using predefined techniques to ensure that no harm comes to them.
• Deep insight into monitoring housed animals to ensure their health and wellbeing.
- Appointments Scheduling
- Office Maintenance
- Procedure Documentation
- Invoicing Procedures
- Records Management
- Office Equipment Use
- PABX Handling
- Sample Handling
- Patient Transfers
PETS AND VETS, Langdon, ND
July 2015 – Present
• Streamline the patient transfer procedure by implementing a smooth online re-registration process with 14 veterinary hospitals onboard
• Introduce a “comfortable” surgical cage to the facility, resulting in decreased incidents of animal discomfort.
• Greet clients and provide them with information regarding the facility’s services.
• Engage animals/pets by greeting them and performing gestures to keep them comfortable.
• Register new pets/animals into the facility database by ensuring completeness and accuracy of data.
• Receive and service calls for information and schedule appointments over the telephone and in person.
• Provide reminders to clients regarding vaccinations and pre-surgery and surgery procedures.
• Assist in restraining animals during examinations and sampling procedures.
• Send blood and urine samples to corresponding labs for testing purposes.
• Follow up on labs to obtain diagnostic reports and inform clients of their availability.
• Ensure the cleanliness, sanitization, and maintenance of reception area and treatment rooms.
COMPASSION VETERINARY HEALTHCARE, Langdon, ND
May 2007 – July 2015
Front Desk Assistant
• Created a completely confidential records management system resulting in increased records integrity.
• Implemented an appointments scheduling structure, which was designed to provide automatic reminders for pet vaccinations and surgical procedures to enrolled pet owners.
• Serviced telephone calls for information on the facility’s services.
• Welcomed pet owners and pets and provided them with the required information.
• Scheduled appointments and followed up on them, particularly for procedures and vaccinations.
• Cleaned and sanitized examination and surgical rooms using cleaning and disinfecting chemicals in a safe manner.
• Assisted in restraining animals during procedures, sampling, and examinations.
THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL, Langdon, ND – 2006
High School Diploma