In most facilities, veterinary receptionists provide the services of manning the front desk and scheduling appointments. However, in many establishments, veterinary receptionists are required to do much more than just man the front desk. Apart from their usual job of providing tier one services, a veterinary receptionist will do a number of other jobs which may include setting appointments, welcome clients and animals to the clinic, assist with filling out forms and provide clients with information on clinical procedures.
While it is not necessary for a veterinary receptionist to be an animal lover, it does help if she is compassionate towards them as this tends to put clients at ease.
Veterinary Receptionist Resume
A resume and cover letter for a Veterinary Receptionist position is your chance to communicate your appropriateness even if you don’t have any hands-on experience. The following is a resume sample for this position which will guide you how to write an impressive resume.
Veterinary Receptionist Resume with No Experience
399 Columbus Road • Deming, NM 22369 • (999) 999-9321 • Email
CAREER GOAL: Veterinary Receptionist
An enthusiastic individual with great compassion for animals and their welfare. Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. Excellent skills in office management with a strong ability to work with a diversity of people.
Deming High School, Deming, NM
High School Diploma – 2012
RELEVANT SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Ability to contribute to a positive work environment
• Excellent telephone etiquette and customer orientation
• Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
• Knowledge of scheduling and rescheduling appointments
• Working information of clinical procedures in an animal care facility
• Capable of restraining animals for examination purposes
• Some knowledge of administering medication to animals
Realogy | Summer 2012
• Handled all aspects of the reception desk
• Greeted guests
• Received packages
• Handled phone calls
• Answered emails
• Calendared meetings
• Worked as a volunteer for the Deming Pet Hospital
• Volunteered services for the Pet Drive and Pet Show held at the Local Park in March 2012