Receptionists provide first tier services for an organization. They greet customers and visitors and provide them with information that they ask for.
They also direct them to the right department or escort them to the correct contact person.
Receptionists are an integral part of any organization as they are responsible for running a smooth office. They have some operational duties which include manning telephones and ensuring that all stocks and supplies are managed appropriately.
Employers tend to choose the most professional candidates who have pleasant personalities for this job.
A CV explicitly written for this position needs to portray a candidate’s knowledge of manning the front desk effectively.
Receptionist CV Example
67 Green Street, West Palm Beach, FL 63534
(000) 542-2140 | [Email]
Energetic and dedicated front desk professional with 7+ years’ experience in fast-paced environments. Thorough and accurate in taking and relaying information. Well-versed in anticipating and determining visitors’ needs and fulfilling them appropriately. Adept at handling complex PABX and busy telephone exchanges. Effective skills in developing and maintaining accurate and easy to use filing systems.
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|● Customer Relations||● Order Processing||● Data Entry|
|● Departmental Support||● Accounts Management||● Correspondence Handling|
Ratner Group, West Palm Beach, FL | 2011 – Present
• Receive and greet customers and visitors
• Take and deliver telephone calls
• Receive mail and deliver it to the appropriate person(s)
• Maintain filing systems
• Monitor appropriate use of office supplies and oversee inventory
• Respond to inquiries and provide appropriate secretarial support
• Manage repair and maintenance of office equipment
• Implemented a novel filing system which reduced file retrieval time by 50%
• Worked on a special marketing project as part of the support team which resulted in 22% increase in customer base
• Reorganized backroom operations which increased efficiency by 30%
Front Desk Assistant
Nestle, West Palm Beach, FL | 2010 – 2011
• Greeted visitors and provided them with required information
• Answered incoming calls and directed them properly
• Took and relayed messages effectively
• Took dictation and typed correspondence
• Ensured cleanliness of the front desk at all times
• Received customer service award owing to excellence in serving customers in a positive manner
• Commended by immediate supervisor many times and recommended for a permanent position
Palm Beach Community College, West Palm Beach, FL
Associate Degree in Customer Service – 2005
• Professional and pleasant professional demeanor
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong knowledge of office administration procedures
• Keen stress and time management skills
• Possess a strong cultural awareness
• Demonstrated work ethics