The job of a real estate salesperson is no different from that of a real estate agent – looking for properties that a client desires and ensuring that sales are closed promptly.
However between the above two, there is a lot that needs to be done. Real estate salespersons usually create a bridge between two clients – a buyer and a seller – and then help them purchase and sell their properties. It is important for real estate salespersons to be knowledgeable about their surroundings – local listings, locations, prices etc. – so that they can provide accurate information to their clients.
The type of properties a real estate salesperson deals in depends on his or her specific job duties or interest; many opt for commercial property dealing activities as they have a higher cut in them. Mostly, you can find a real estate salesperson that can provide with both residential and commercial solutions.
Real Estate Salesperson Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Confer with clients to determine their buying or selling needs
• Take and record information regarding the property and its history
• Research properties to establish if any litigations or “stories” may be associated with it
• Make appropriate research reports for own benefit and that of the client
• Make appraisals on properties by using local comparisons
• Create a portfolio of possible locations that fit into the criterion provided by clients
• Show buyers several sites according to their needs and provide detailed information on each of them
• Accompany clients to locations and explain features of homes or offices
• Quote asking prices and negotiate with both parties in bringing prices to market level
• Ensure that the purchasing party’s financial background is stable
• Determine a workable purchase method and ensure that both parties go through with it
• Prepare necessary paperwork and make sure that all signatures and identifications are obtained
• Ensure that purchase is legal and binding by contacting relevant legal department
• Make sure that buildings are repaired properly before being handed over to the buyer
• Work with loan officers and agencies to complete purchases dependant on loans
• Ensure that a list of possible leads is maintained, filed and updated on a regular basis
Last updated on