Adjunct faculties are actually part-time professors within a university setting. While they are highly experienced individuals, they are usually not permanent members of the faculty.
Adjunct faculty professionals perform the typical duties of an educator. They plan lessons, grade papers, perform research activities, and even write papers that are eventually published in educational journals or websites.
Sometimes, they are required to be a temporary part of the faculty but are usually kept out of major decision-making activities.
Members of the adjunct faculty usually have one specialization and are responsible for imparting knowledge in that particular field. They may also work as consultants for agencies outside the university depending on their skills and experience.
If you are an adjunct professor looking for a job in this capacity, the following resume objective statements may come in handy when you write your resume:
6 Sample Objective Statements for Adjunct Faculty Resume
1. Dedicated Adjunct Professor with 6+ years’ successful track record in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation. Seeking to leverage my abilities to bring amazing results to ABC College.
2. To work for Kerl University as an Adjunct Instructor. Utilizing 4 years of hands-on experience in imparting knowledge relevant to Biochemistry and providing expertise in researching activities.
3. Seeking a position as an Adjunct Professor with Utah State University. Offering expertise in communicating Physics concepts to students and managing classroom discipline to handle information flow.
4. To obtain a position of Adjunct Instructor member with Acme University to make use of profound skills in lesson planning to achieve academic success. Demonstrated ability and successful instruction in the Chemistry field.
5. Adjunct faculty position with Broadway College University. Leveraging excellent organizational skills and proficiency in imparting information to achieve successful classroom management and academic goals.
6. Looking for a position of Adjunct faculty in the English Language where I will be able to employ my skills in improving student success by positive instruction methods.