Adjunct faculty members are part-time faculty members at schools, colleges, or universities.
They are usually hired on a temporary/visiting basis and may be paid a stipend depending on their place of work.
While some institutions accept adjunct faculty members with a bachelor’s degree, most of them require a master’s or Ph.D. degree.
How to Write a Great Resume for Adjunct Faculty (Professor or Instructor) Position?
- Start your resume with a summary or targeted objective statement using power verbs.
- Mention some of your selected achievements since it is your opportunity to create an excellent first impression.
- Choose a clear layout that is easy to read.
- Make sure that you proofread your resume twice or thrice before sending it.
Here are two resume samples for adjunct faculty positions for your guidance.
Adjunct Faculty Resume Example 1
450 Unison Ave
Kokomo, IN 56004
Highly competent and dependable teaching professional with a track record of imparting lessons. An excellent communicator who has strong speaking, writing, research, and analytical skills. Highly qualified in assessing and evaluating the student’s performances and implementing need-based lesson plans to address the weak areas. Recognized for prioritizing and completing tasks promptly.
• Full command of contemporary teaching methods and classroom aides.
• Proficient in computer programs including MS-based applications, Outlook, SPSS, and the internet.
• Extensive experience in supervising research projects and thesis at the bachelor level.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Lesson Planning
– Student Assessment
– Record Keeping
– Classroom Control
– Technology Integration
– Curriculum Development
IVY TECH COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Kokomo, IN
4/2016 – Present
• Successfully supervised three mini-research projects and an academic survey relating to marketing strategies that were published in an international peer-reviewed journal in 2020.
• Assess students’ knowledge base, identify their learning goals, and develop lessons to meet the same.
• Implement lessons efficiently while maintaining discipline in the classroom.
• Develop and implement effective teaching strategies that inculcate technology into lessons to make them more interesting and useful.
Visiting Business Teacher
PATTEN UNIVERSITY, Kokomo, IN
8/2009 to 3/2016
• Played an instrumental role in the organization and conduction of convocation ceremonies.
• Attained the ‘Most dedicated Teacher’ award in 2015.
• Delivered comprehensive lessons for courses in business administration.
• Maintained student records, attendance, and documentation.
• Conducted regular assessments, benchmark tests, and end-semester grading for examination purposes.
Master of Business Administration
American Institute for Business Studies, Kokomo, IN – 2009
Adjunct Faculty Resume Sample 2
88 NW Street, Florida City, FL 37921
• 7+ years of progressively responsible work experience in the teaching field.
• Assisted the dean with setting grading protocols for university students and provided training to professors for the same.
• Introduced a set of active learning methods to the university, now part of the regular teaching methodologies.
• Exceptionally skillful in developing and managing syllabus materials.
• In-depth knowledge of coordinating courseware and curriculum with academic standards.
• Hands-on experience in facilitating class instruction and evaluating student performance.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Nashville University, Florida City, FL
2016 – Present
• Develop teaching strategies on the term basis
• Organize, prepare and revise (as needed) course materials
• Ensure the content level of course materials in exams has been covered in class
• Design, administer and grade examination papers
Adjunct Faculty Member
Florida Technical College, Florida City, FL
2013 – 2016
• Scheduled and provided post-academic care to students
• Facilitated online discussions with students
• Assessed student learning through various methods
• Incorporated a variety of teaching methodologies within a class
Bachelor of Science in Sociology
Florida State University, Florida City, FL – 2008
SPECIAL SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Possess knowledge and demonstrate expertise in teaching processes
• Competent in the assigned area of teaching (Sociology)
• A focused approach towards student academic success
• Proven ability to provide educational and professional guidance
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills