Any job application is incomplete without a resume.
Having said this, resumes for a police officer position are the very critical component of the job application package.
A resume needs precise information with short bullet points to make a good impression.
Some very experienced and talented police officers do not receive interview calls only because their resumes are not attractive enough for the recruiters to consider them.
The following resume and this cover letter for police officer position are designed by professionals to assist you in your job hunt process.
It complements the latest trends in the job market. You are free to modify it as per your requirements.
Police Officer Resume Sample
901 Some Avenue, Greeley, CO 99722
Alert and results-driven law enforcement professional with 8 years of experience in law enforcement capacities. Track record of assuring the security of the general public while decreasing crime rates. Hands-on experience in providing a visible deterrent against crime within the community. A self-starter who has a proven ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies.
• Well versed in observing and recording situations analytically and independently.
• Able to execute duties firmly, tactfully, considerately, and neutrally.
• Current Colorado driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Working knowledge of Tribal, Federal and State laws.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Crime investigations
• Emergency assistance
• Hazard discovery
• Court documentation
• Traffic law enforcement
• Criminal Detention
• Witness presentation
• General Security
• Report processing
• Offender identification
• Emergency vehicle operation
• First-responder equipment
City of Greeley – Greeley, CO | Jan 2013 – Present
• Patrol assigned areas of the city
• Perform security checks on buildings and residences
• Observe and take appropriate action in the event of suspicious activity
• Investigate reported crimes
• Enforce traffic ordinances and direct traffic
• Interview suspects and witnesses along with serving warrants and subpoenas
• Answer calls for protection of life and property
• Make forcible arrests when necessary
• Administered CPR and First Aid procedures successfully to victims of a road accident on the first day at the job.
• Received Police Officer Award for Bravery during the first year of working in this capacity following apprehending and arresting two felons singlehandedly.
Square – San Francisco, CA | Mar 2011 – Jan 2013
• Watched facilities to prevent any incidence
• Conducted surveillance of office boundary
• Monitored telephone and other electronic notification systems
• Prepared daily security reports
• Ensured the safety of visitors and employees in the occurrence of an emergency
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Associate of Arts in Legal Studies
Greeley Law College, Greeley, CO – 2009
First Aid and CPR
• Profound ability to act courteously even in stressful situations
• Able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information