When you are applying for a fruit picker position, you must make sure that your resume is convincing.
In fact, your resume should be so well-built that the recruiter cannot say no to you.
As far as the information that you need to put into a fruit picker resume is concerned, be very careful.
Keep a balance among skills, achievements, and experience.
Do not go overboard with any of these. At the same time, you must make sure that you can build up in these categories.
It is important to realize that a fruit picker’s resume has to highlight his or her knowledge of the work, and experience in it.
Fruit Picker Resume Sample
99 Avery Road, Norfolk, VA37783
Highly experienced fruit picker with 6+ years of solid track record. Ability to identify and pick fruit according to provided instructions. Demonstrated expertise in performing harvesting work in a timely manner.
• Introduced the concept of using hoists for pocking activities, as a result, reduced picking time by 55%.
• Implemented a unique fruit picking system, hence, decreased packing problems by 80%.
• Devised a fruit selection criteria, thereby, reduced problems associated with low-quality fruits.
• Trained 16 fruit pickers as part of their induction.
Gary’s Fresh Fruit Farms, Norfolk, VA | 6/2010 – Present
• Check assigned fruit picking areas in order to determine timelines and duties.
• Examine fruit to see if it is ripened.
• Pick fruit such as apples, oranges, mangos, and berries.
• Place picked fruit in baskets or sacks.
• Check each picked fruit in order to ensure high quality.
• Ensure that picked fruit is cleaned and labeled according to instructions.
• Place fruit in baskets, crates, or boxes.
• Seal fruit crates and boxes according to the procedure.
• Assist in loading fruit crates to awaiting trucks.
Fruit Farm Hand
Gregory’s Farm, Norfolk, VA| 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Watered crops and tended to plants and trees.
• Dug small canals in order to ensure water supply.
• Performed weeding work.
• Assisted in vegetable and fruit picking activities.
• Packed and sealed fruit and vegetable boxes.
• Ensured that all crates and boxes were properly labeled.
High School Diploma
Norfolk High School, Norfolk, VA
|Fruit Sorting||Produce Preparation||Fruit Packing|
|Labeling||Selection Criteria||Farm Machinery Operations|
|Boxing||Produce Packing||Over-ripened Produce Handling|
|Weather Endurance||Infestation Handling||Fruit Recovery|