As part of a post-production team, retouchers work largely for photo studios.
Their work involves retouching photographs and other images in order to make them appear more meaningful or to accentuate their features.
With the recent boom in the digital technology world, the need for retouchers increased manifold. Lots of retouchers also work on a freelance basis.
Retoucher Job Scope and Requirements
To work as a retoucher, one needs to possess great knowledge of digital printing and the software associated with it.
Many people get on-the-job training as a retoucher and are required to possess only a high school diploma.
However, it is desirable for employers to hire people who have some background in image editing.
Retoucher Resume Sample
5891 Marseille Drive, La Place, LA 77900
myname @ email . com
❖ ❖ ❖
Versatile and analytic professional with 15+ years of proven background in effectively handling digital retouching projects. A strong approach towards achieving positive results along with an excellent ability to manage project completion in a time-efficient manner. Adept at diverse retouching software including Adobe Photoshop and Creative Suite. Extensive background in still photographic principles, techniques, and equipment.
SYNOPSIS OF ACHIEVEMENTS
• Pioneered a digital photography program for new photographers with a great focus on post-production
• Trained three interns in handling photo processing and color-correcting activities
• Introduced the concept of “digital cropping” thereby ensuring fast-paced project completion
• Completed a retouching project which included digitally re-mastering old photographs to be enlarged
Turn 5, La Place, LA
06/2013 – Current
• Provide image processing support to the studio personnel
• Retouch images and photographs in accordance with the instructions provided
• Handle color corrects and quality control of provided images
• Digitally modify images in order to meet instruction sets
• Increase or decrease image resolution in order to upload or save images on designated media
• Adjust color and brightness in order to make images more profound
• Employ retouching techniques in order to manipulate skin, product, and layout
• Handle file and folder structures and catalog images properly
Image Editing Intern
Moda Operandi, La Place, LA
January 2012 – May 2013
• Cataloged images according to image type and project
• Retouched images in order to enhance them digitally
• Provided image input for the company’s website
• Coordinated photographers on shoots
• Performed limited quality control procedures on digital images
La Place High School, La Place, LA
- Color Correction