If you want to get a job as a Graduate Nurse Practitioner, then you will have to write a unique resume. That is because employers do not like similarities in resumes for the nurse practitioner position.
If they have picked up your resume, they would not want it to look like the previous one. Standing out from the crowd is important, especially if you’re hoping to make a mark on your future employer.
Using the following resume sample to fit your requirements will help you:
New Grad Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample
12 Norman Street
Ridgewood, NY 11385
simpa @ email . com
• Graduate nurse practitioner with a unique blend of achievements and a strong background in diagnosing and treating chronic and acute illnesses.
• Leverage compassionate nature and an inherent desire to help others.
• Proven record of effectively conducting physical examinations and accurately interpreting medical histories.
• Competent in creating and implementing age-specific physical therapy and rehabilitation programs.
• Well-versed in prescribing pharmacological treatments based on patient’s specific medical needs.
• Able to educate patients and families on how to avoid illnesses and handle in-home care.
✓ Care Plans Development
✓ Chronic Disease Management
✓ Treatment Plan Development
✓ Patient Education
✓ Specialty Care Services
✓ Emergency Intervention
✓ Geriatric Support
Trent Hospital, Ridgewood, NY
3/2022 – Present
• Perform basic patient care activities such as assistance with personal needs
• Collect specimens and ensure that they are secured and sent to the lab for prescribed tests
• Administer treatment laid out inpatient care plans, including providing medication reminders and starting IVs
• Assist in the admission, transfer, and discharge of assigned patients by expediting the processes
• Record patients’ vitals such as temperature, pulse, and blood pressure in patients’ files
• Handle emergency situations by administering first aid and CPR to registered and emergent patients
• Assist therapists in providing physical therapy and counseling to patients and educate patients on what to expect
• Perform initial physical examinations, provide feedback to nursing managers, and document findings
• Singlehandedly created and implemented a care plan for patients suffering from the deadly “hypertension and diabetes” combination
• Proved to be invaluable to a procedural team providing medical attention to a domestic abuse victim, by counseling her throughout the procedure
Certified Nursing Assistant
BJC Healthcare, Ridgewood, NY
2/2015 – 6/2019
• Documented patients’ vitals and conditions in predefined record systems
• Observed patients for signs of discomfort or annoyance and provided immediate feedback to the nurse manager
• Assisted patients with daily tasks such as bathing, grooming, and toileting while keeping their integrity intact
• Provided emotional and physical support to patients to help them come to terms with their conditions
• Administered medicines orally and through IVs, in accordance with patients’ specific care plans
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Ridgewood University, Ridgewood, NY – 2021
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
NY State RN Licensure
Advanced Practice Nurse Certification by ANCC
New York Prescriptive authority and DEA licensure
BCLS and CPR – Current