Working primarily in banks that cater to the mortgage needs of their customers, mortgage loan specialists handle routine work associated with mortgage loans for residential and commercial projects.
They need to be well-versed in the procedures and regulations that govern mortgage loans so that they can promote the business of the bank that they are representing.
The work of a mortgage loan specialist involves much business development, which is why s/he needs to possess excellent people skills and a gift of gab.
These qualities alone can take one up the success ladder fast.
What else will help is a well-written resume to pique potential employers’ interest.
Here is how you can write one for this position.
See also: Mortgage Loan Specialist Cover Letter
Mortgage Loan Specialist Resume Example
902 Bill Street, Anchorage, AK 99022
MORTGAGE OAN SPECIALIST
Highly motivated, results-driven professional with a solid track record in developing mortgage loan business portfolios. Complete understanding of federal mortgage regulations along with the ability to analyze and interpret financial data to aid financial solution.
• Exceeded of mortgage loan sales goals by $25000 in the years 2017 and 2018.
• Introduced a load administration system which reduced paperwork by 40% within the first year.
• Successfully led an extremely complex mortgage loan project for a multinational company with ever-changing mortgage needs.
• Trained 5 groups of mortgage loan officers to evaluate loan application for completeness and accuracy which led to a 45% increase in efficiency in 2013 compared to previous years.
|• Financial Analysis
• Customer Service
|• Efficiency Improvement
• Loan Processing Software
Mortgage Loan Specialist
Bank of America, Anchorage, AK | 2015 – Present
• Solicit mortgage loan business from individuals and companies by employing marketing tactics.
• Develop business in accordance to set goals and deadlines.
• Assist applicants with obtaining information to fill out loan application forms.
• Provide feedback to applicants regarding the mortgage loan process and timeline.
• Analyze applicants’ financial backbone and credit history.
• Explain the different types of loans that an applicant may be eligible for.
• Review applications for completeness and accuracy.
• Train new employees to meet their business development goals.
• Draw out loan agreements and assist applicants in understanding terms.
• Assist applicants with a criminal history in negotiating payments.
• Supervise and direct mortgage loan personnel to ensure that they are working according to the protocol.
Mortgage Loan Officer
Resource, Anchorage, AK | 2009 – 2015
• Followed designated mortgage loan marketing plan to develop business.
• Performed cold calling activities to drum up business.
• Initiated and maintained contact with existing and new clients.
• Assisted clients in filling out mortgage loan applications.
• Provided support for the background analysis procedure by analyzing eligibility data.
• Advised clients on the different type of mortgage loan packages available and their suitability.
• Followed up on delinquent accounts to solicit payment.
Anchorage College of Finance, Anchorage, AK