Working primarily under the supervision of physicians, medical assistants are priceless assets of any healthcare facility.
Apart from helping physicians in carrying out their work, they also provide direct patient care under tight supervision.
It is of the utmost importance for medical assistants to possess a strong knowledge of medical terminology as they often have to help doctors with medical procedures.
Many medical assistants are also required to handle the administrative end of a doctor’s office which may include ensuring patient registration and admission, patient education and medical records management.
To be able to perform well in this role, one has to be proactive and possess a high presence of mind.
Medical assistants need to possess at least a high school diploma along with some hands-on experience to qualify for this position.
The significance of Medical Assistant Resume Summary
Medical Assistant professional summaries provide employers with enough information about a candidate and persuade them to read the entire resume.
If your summary paragraph/bullets speak volumes of your ability to work well at this position, you may bag this job.
This section is also called as Performance Summary or Profile.
Take a look at some examples of summaries of Medical Assistant Resume.
Medical Assistant Resume Summary Examples
• A recent high school graduate who is enthusiastic to work as Medical Assistant for a reputed healthcare setting. In-depth knowledge of medical terminology and procedures along with a demonstrated ability to perform administrative tasks efficiently.
• Accomplished Medical Assistant with a hands-on approach to managing patients’ flow in busy medical settings. Keen interest and a strong background in assisting multicultural population with medical procedures. Proven ability to provide direct patient care according to designated healthcare plans. Effectively able to answer telephones, greet patients, take medical histories, explain treatment procedures and prepare patients for examination.
• Self-directed and resourceful Medical Assistant with 6+ years’ hands-on experience in providing direct patient care while managing the front desk and administrative operations of a busy healthcare setting. Talented in recording patient personal information and medical history, taking vitals and helping physicians with patient examinations. A highly-motivated individual who works efficiently in a team as well as individually.
• Reliable and hardworking Medical Assistant with a verifiable track record of positively interacting with patients and families. Strong capability of meeting the demands of a high volume medical facility. Familiar with advanced medical procedures, ICD-9/10 coding and record keeping. A meticulous individual who is proficient in scheduling appointments, preparing blood samples and entering patient information into medical records.
• Proactive professional with a high energy background working as a Medical Assistant in fast-paced healthcare environments. A passionate individual who possesses exceptional clerical and customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to assist physician during exams, collect specimens, perform laboratory tests and educate patients.