How to Write a Perfect Resume for Front Office Medical Assistant Position?
A well written resume for front office medical assistant position can set you apart from competition. Make sure your resume is tailored to suit the specific needs of prospective employer. Here are 3 tips to help you write a good resume:
- Organize your professional information into categories that reflect the employers’ priorities.
- Carefully analyze the job description to generate a relevant list of professional achievements.
- Start your resume with a summary statement.
- Identify your pertinent skill areas and highlight the same using bullet points or tables.
- Mention your relevant medical assisting experiences and accomplishments.
Here is an example to get ideas from:
Front Office Medical Assistant Resume Sample
340 Galaxy Square
Tucson, AZ 65909
gina @ gmail . com
Energetic and customer service-oriented Front Office Medical Assistant with 8+ years’ progressive experience in performing front office duties, interfacing with patients and assisting specialists in medical and surgical procedures. A dynamic problem solver who is apt at verifying patients’ insurance eligibility, and familiar with HIPPA issued protocols related to infection control. Particularly effective in generating accurate medical bills based on given summary of the rendered services.
• Procedural Assistance
• Telephone Call Fielding
• Front Desk Handling
• Stock Inventory Keeping
• Supplies Replenishment
• Online Database Management
• Vital Signs
• Insurance Eligibility Verification
• Blood Sample Collection
• Patient Case Filing
CASTLEVIEW HOSPITAL, Tucson, AZ
July 2013 – Present
Front Office Medical Assistant
• Handle front desk tasks and schedule patient appointments on phone.
• Take vital signs of patients and prepare them for medical procedures.
• Assist medical specialists in carrying out medical and surgical procedures.
• Prepare procedure trays and sterilize all instruments and equipment timely.
• Prepare patients for medical procedures and explain the outline of the procedure to them.
• Escort patients to the examination room.
• Collect information related to case history and demographics to complete individual patient case files.
Key Results and Accomplishments
• Reduced appointment scheduling time by 30% through implementation of computerized scheduling software.
• Promoted newly introduced radiology services to existing clients attracting business worth $50000.
• Enhanced operational efficiency of the front office by 50% through initiation of customer service oriented SOPs.
• Saved $5K monthly by employing cost effective front office operational strategies.
SSM HEALTHCARE, Tucson, AZ
March 2010 – June 2013
• Greeted the patients and visitors in a courteous manner.
• Answered phone calls and scheduled appointments as needed.
• Carried out patient case filing and data entry.
• Issued medical bills, collected payments and balanced the cash drawer at day end.
• Maintained the reception area in a neat and clean condition.
• Prepared and administered medications and vaccines.
• Assisted the medical service providers in front office duties.
Associate’s Degree in Medical Assisting
ASPIRE COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION, Tucson, AZ – 2010
• Bilingual: English, Spanish
• Proficient in MS Office suite and online database management
• BCLS certified