Fleet managers work for companies that lend vehicles on rent. They may also work in companies that have their fleet of vehicles to be managed.
Regardless of the environment, they work in; fleet managers need to be extremely organized as that is the first demand of this position.
You cannot possibly qualify for a fleet manager position if you do not project yourself as an expert in your resume. This important document needs to be perfectly personified.
Leaving any part of it will translate into lost job opportunities. And you do not want to be left far behind in the rat race for a job.
The best way to get ahead (and stay there) is to write a fleet manager that has the capability of communicating with a hiring manager on multiple levels. Like the example provided below:
Fleet Manager Resume Example
3796 Jacobia Lane
Cape Charles, VA 57465
joeturn @ email . com
• Driven Fleet Manager with exceptional leadership qualities and 11+ years’ hands-on experience in appropriately selecting and maintaining vehicles, and selecting and developing staff.
• Tracking and diagnostics of fleet vehicles by ensuring that appropriate GPS tracking systems are installed.
• Analyzing maintenance costs and providing recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement.
• Tracking fleet usage and maintaining correlating inventory of associated equipment.
• Handling performance reviews of staff and determining areas of development and training requirements.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Fleet Security
|• Driver Management
|• Repair and Maintenance
|• Mileage Trailing
|• Records and Inventory Handling
|• Cost Control
|• Driver Training and Development
|• Work Allocation
|• Acquisition Management
|• Contract Negotiation
|• Efficiency Maximization
• Acquired a fleet of 52 refurbished vehicles, cutting down the cost of acquiring new ones by 65%.
• Created a dynamic staff scheduling system which increased driver efficiency by a staggering 55%.
• Controlled costs of fuel by incorporating hybrid vehicles (for long hauls) into the existing fleet.
• Increased the number of corporate clients from 2200 to 2600 within 8 months of rigorous marketing campaigns.
MasTec, Cape Charles, VA
Mar 2012 – Present
• Determine requirements for fleet vehicles by assessing present market demands.
• Maintain database of leased, owned, and rental vehicles and assigned drivers.
• Create and implement marketing plans to market the company’s services to diverse clients.
• Respond to inquiries regarding vehicle and driver availability and schedule services.
• Train and develop staff to handle fleet repair, maintenance, and driving activities.
City Company, Cape Charles, VA
Sep 2008 – Mar 2012
• Researched and developed specifications for fleet vehicles, supplies, and equipment for procurement purposes.
• Negotiated and established repair and maintenance costs with vendors and mechanics.
• Managed existing contracts and ensure that new ones are created as per the protocols of the company.
• Ensured the security of fleet vehicles when not in use by ensuring that they are properly parked.
Assistant Fleet Supervisor
Atlantic Auto Group, Cape Charles, VA
Jun 2005 – Sep 2008
• Responded to inquiries regarding the availability of vehicles and drivers for rental and lease purposes.
• Assisted in determining the type of vehicles required for the commercial and personal use of clients.
• Ensured that all vehicles were properly fueled at all times and that fluid levels were at par.
• Coordinated efforts to ensure proper and safe parking for vehicles not in use.
• Assisted in providing training to drivers regarding good conduct and Federal DOT regulations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Cape Charles Business School, Cape Charles, VA – 2002