Out of 10 resumes that hiring managers receive after ATS scrutiny, only 1 is considered worth their time.
Why is that?
Because only a small percentage of people create resumes that genuinely interest them. And what type of a resume impresses hiring managers?
The kind that is given below as a sample:
2252 Shabonna Drive ● Springfield, IL 46696 ● (000) 142-7541 ● samjack @ email . com
BEAUTY SALON MANAGER
Record of creating a salon environment that exceeds standards of excellence.
Performance Summary: Results-oriented Beauty Salon Manager with 17-plus-year track record of managing largescale beauty salons while providing quality customer service. Talented in handling appointments, determining clients’ beauty requirements, suggesting possible therapies, and ensuring a clean and appealing salon premises. Documented success in setting targets for therapists and providing them with logistical support to ensure that they meet those targets. Ability to get along with customers by providing them with an inviting environment.
|• Client Scheduling||• First-tier Services||• Personnel Management|
|• Retail Products Marketing||• Expense Control||• Hygiene Standards|
|• Complaint Handling||• Stock Levels Forecasting||• Training Needs Identification|
|• Target Setting||• Salon Upkeep||• Inventory Management|
Beauty Salon Manager | 6/2008 – Present
Ulta Beauty, Springfield, IL
• Increase client base from 1500 to 2600 within 6 months of being hired, owing to extensive marketing endeavors
• Retain a particularly important client by providing her with special treatment, after she had been dissatisfied by a therapist
• Welcome clients and engage them I n conversation to determine their beauty requirements
• Examine clients’ skin and hair to determine what therapies they can be provided
• Suggested therapeutic sessions and beauty therapies such as facial and massages according to clients’ requirements
• Ascertained that all clients were properly being looked after by assigning therapists to them
Beauty Salon Manager | 5/2003 – 6/2008
ATR Co, Springfield, IL
• Reduced salon energy bills by 50% by suggesting and implementing an alternative source of energy
• Sold salon retail products worth $6900 in one day, exceeding sales targets in one day
• Scheduled appointments over the phone and oversaw receptionist work to ensure that appropriate follow-up is made
• Hired, trained and developed staff
• Ensured that staff members were provided with appropriate targets
• Liaised with vendors and suppliers
• Indulged in suggestive selling in a bid to meet the salon’s sales targets
Salon Supervisor | 2/1999 – 5/2003
The Beauty Shop, Springfield, IL
• Greeted clients and inquired if they had appointments
• Checked appointment books to confirm appointment times and ensure that a therapist is assigned to each client
• Responded to queries over the telephone and handled appointment scheduling and follow-up duties
• Handled payments and tendered change, along with balancing cash registers
• Ascertained the cleanliness and sanitation of the salon including reception and waiting areas
AAS Degree in Cosmetology – 1998
Springfield Community College, Springfield, IL