The work of a beauty salon manager requires consummate skills in supervision and management.
If you are good in both these areas, you have great potential to work as a beauty salon manager.
A beauty salon manager also needs to be exceptionally customer service-oriented as s/he handles clients on a daily basis and is responsible for ensuring their satisfaction.
If you are a good communicator, possess exceptional mannerisms, and can handle busy salon traffic, this work is for you.
When you apply for a beauty salon manager position, make sure that you know all there is to know about the work.
Apart from handling the usual first-tier work, you will be responsible for providing therapeutic advice to clients and even handling retail product selling duties.
Some of the main duties that you will perform in this role include:
Job Description for Beauty Salon Manager Resume
• Greet clients as they approach the reception and inquire if they have appointments.
• Provide clients with information regarding beauty therapy services and arrange for appointments to be set.
• Examine clients’ hair and skin and provide them with feedback regarding conditions and possible solutions.
• Inquire into any allergies that clients may have and ensure that this information is properly logged into the client database.
• Provide clients with information on what products suit their skin and hair types and endorse the salon’s retail products.
• Assign therapists to each client, based on the client’s requirements and the specific expertise of the assigned therapist.
• Provide assistance with beauty therapies and procedures, especially during rush hours.
• Oversee staff members’ training needs and ensure that each staff member is trained according to the salon’s procedures and policies.
• Hire new staff members based on their individual competencies and train them to work according to the salon’s rules.
• Meet the salon’s financial targets by selling retail products, by endorsing them at checkout time.
• Handle clients’ complaints by ensuring that they are properly serviced, focused on client satisfaction, and repeat business opportunities.
• Keep the reception, service rooms, and waiting areas clean and sanitized at all times.
• Create and maintain effective liaison with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of salon supplies and equipment.