Writing a resume for a sign maker position means that you need to get your hands on a good format.
However, a majority of Sign Maker resumes do not provide the right structure. That is to say, many of them leave a lot to be desired.
A sign maker’s resume should highlight the individual’s ability to create visually pleasing signs.
Recruiters want to know how well-versed you are in designing and installing signs. As a sign maker, it is your duty to ensure that the end product is in accordance with the clients’ wishes.
The following is an excellent resume sample for a sign maker position.
Sign Maker Resume Example
75 Cleve Road, Erie, PA66402
Top-performing sign maker with 6+ years of experience in following layouts to place computer-generated or full colored graphic images on predetermined substrates. Expert in performing quality control measures.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS & PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
• Individually created 220 signs in 3 weeks for a rush project.
• Implemented a unique excess management system, decreasing waste by 65%.
• Devised a finishing method, thereby, reduced the processing time by 90%.
• Trained 22 apprentices in sign making as part of their training.
Signarama, Erie, PA
• Engage clients in conversation in order to determine their sign-making requirements.
• Provide clients with information on design possibilities.
• Create cost estimates.
• Have cost estimates approved by clients.
• Ensure that the right materials are obtained.
• Create designs by hand or by using computers.
• Fabricate signs according to instructions.
ATC Marketing Erie, PA
Aug 2015 – Nov 2018
• Helped prepare silk screens.
• Used items such as reflective sheets, aluminum blanks, and plywood tools.
• Performed cutting, priming, and painting tasks.
• Trimmed edges of prepared samples.
• Marked, positioned, and installed letters on signs.
• Unloaded items such as raw materials from delivery trucks.
• Installed signs according to provided instructions.
Sign Maker Apprentice
Sign me In, Erie, PA
Jan 2015 – Aug 2015
• Obtained items for creating signs.
• Checked storage in order to ensure the availability of materials.
• Assisted in setting up and calibrating sign-making machines.
• Provided assistance in installing and setting signs.
• Ensured that raw materials were safely stored and used.
High School Diploma
Erie High School, Erie, PA – 2009
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
– Substrates Application
– Inventory Handling
– Materials Management
– Technology Use
– Production Maintenance
– Quality Control
– Waste Management