A Library Shelver resume is incomplete if it does not elicit the information that a hiring manager is looking for. Most of this depends on the type of format that one uses.
If you look through the following one, you will know exactly what you need to put into your own resume:
Sample Resume for Library Shelver
122 Emery Street, Salt Lake City, UT 24019
dorad @email .com
Uniquely qualified Library Shelver with over 11 years’ hands-on experience in sorting and shelving in large and busy library. Proficient in handling indexing and docking work, with a special focus on patron service and satisfaction. Organized and punctual with the ability to follow oral and written instructions. Effectively sorts and files books alphabetically and numerically. Known for establishing good working relationships with staff and library patrons.
- Space Maximization
- Shelf Order and Configuration
- Indexing Procedures
- Materials Condition Monitoring
- Book Repairs/Replacements
- Supplier Relations
- Documents Scanning
- Patron Assistance
- Queries Handling
- Book Recommendations
- Stocking and Inventory
- Digital Storage Handling
PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS / KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
• Revamped the entire indexing system, making it 80% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Led 6 reading clubs within the library premises in the absence of volunteers.
• Successfully replaced 112 old books with new editions by using vendor contacts.
• Introduced the concept of digital storage and indexing system putting the library on the map of “good” libraries by patrons.
St. Louis Public Library, Salt Lake City, UT
2/2011 – Present
- Greet patron as they arrive and provide them with information on where their choice of materials are placed.
- Assist patrons in locating books and other reading materials and ensure that they are seated comfortably.
- Receive books and materials from patrons and place them in their specific areas.
- Ensure that all books and other reading materials are properly shelved in their respective spaces.
- Create and maintain indexing systems that are easy to navigate and comprehend.
- Electronically or physically retrieve documents requested by patrons.
- Clean shelves on a regular basis ensuring that any need for book repairs or replacements is identified and reported.
- Maintain effective liaison with book vendors and suppliers to ensure deliveries in an accurate and timely fashion.
City Public Library, Salt Lake City, UT
2/2007 – 2/2011
- Volunteered assistance in finding books and periodicals and other reading materials for library patrons.
- Provided direction to patrons by showing them the indexing system and how to navigate it.
- Assisted in shelving and retrieving books and materials according to set library procedures.
- Cleaned and tidied bookshelves on a regular basis ensuring that any torn books or materials are reported.
- Sorted books and other reading materials according to predefined procedures such as alpha-numeric systems.
High School Diploma
Salt Lake City High School, Salt Lake City, UT
- Library Software
- MS Word and Excel