General labourers assist skilled people in performing their everyday tasks. In order to get this job, you must be physically fit, hardworking, and able to follow instructions rapidly and proficiently.
You need to pay attention on what you are doing, learn safety precautions, and able to many construction and labour tools. You may work on different sites with different crews to perform a variety of jobs. So having skills in several areas, in addition to being able to communicate with people is important.
Below are some job description phrases and statements suitable for the experience section of a General Labourer Resume. You may select some of these phrases to use in your resume.
Job Description for General Labourer Resume
– Clear work areas by removing debris and hazardous materials, to make them ready for construction work.
– Ensure that all tools and equipment are readily available at the beginning of each shift, so that skilled laborers can begin their work on time.
– Arrange for materials such as bricks, mortar and cement to be available at assigned worksites.
– Load and unload materials to and from delivery trucks, ensuring that they are safely moved to storage sites.
– Erect and maintain walls, retaining walls and fences.
– Assist in construction or demolishing of buildings.
– Load and unload structure materials and move materials in work areas.
– Direct traffic at or near building sites and carry out other traffic management activities.
– Maintain plants, landscape and gardens.
– Assist supervisors with clerical duties.
– Operate forklift, mowers and material breakers.
– Maintain tools and equipment.
– Erect or demolish concrete forms, scaffolding and ramps.
– Assist in plantation and take care of forests.
– Construct scaffolding.
– Dig trenches and place pipes or cables for drains and extra services.
– Construct and maintain roads, pathways or railways.
– Clean up work sites.
– Manage shift equipment and materials.
– Transfer and finish concrete slabs.
– Take delivery of materials and cargo from suppliers.
– Mix, transfer and extend materials such as concrete and asphalt.
– Help in drilling and blasting; plane earth using rakes and shovels.
– Remove debris and trash from construction sites using wheelbarrows.
– Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Last updated on