How to Write a Great Resume or CV for Medical Laboratory Technician Job?
- An ideal resume for a Medical Laboratory Technician position must be a single-page document, very brief, to the point, job-relevant, and easy to read.
- In order to make an MLT Resume more appealing, begin with some of your career highlights either using an objective or a summary statement.
- Divide your resume into different compelling sections. Avoid any long paragraphs.
- Highlight your achievements and experiences in the form of short, well-structured sentences.
- List your professional experiences in reverse chronological order, starting from the latest job.
The following is an example of a good resume for a medical laboratory technician job.
MLT (Medical Laboratory Technician) Resume and CV Example
Extremely motivated and well-qualified medical lab technician with 8+ years of solid experience working in busy lab settings. Well-versed in drawing samples that require minor incisions and conducting chemical analysis. Ability to work efficiently in a busy lab in an organized manner. Registered as a Medical Laboratory Technician with the ASCP. Specialized courses in hematology and blood bank.
• Skilled in sample collection, analysis, and lab report production.
• Proficient in using laboratory software and digital reporting.
• Knowledge of medical lab policies, hygiene requirements, and general/standard procedures.
• Track record of collaborating with pathologists and physicians regarding test results and analytical patterns in blood reporting.
MEDICAL LAB EXPERTISE
Hematology | Sample collection
Blood Transfusion | Meditech Software
Digital Chemical reporting | Urinalyses
• Attuned and standardized all laboratory equipment at a new outlet of the medical laboratory, ensuring the set-up of separate workstations for microscopic studies, blood work, chemical analysis, and bacterial studies.
• Provided training to 20-plus employees in Medi-tech and digital report processing systems to improve the overall productivity of the lab.
• Dedicatedly worked on a new medical reports system, enhancing report retrieval efficiency by 50%.
Medical Lab Technician
Allegheny Valley Hospital, Westminster, CO
2013 – Present
• Analyze various samples that come in for chemical testing and generate relevant reports.
• Supervise overall quality control in the medical lab ensuring sample collection in adequately sterilized containers.
• Maintain analysis instruments in functional condition.
• Post and record a full day’s record in the medical lab software before closing up each evening.
• Implement and maintain standard medical lab policy guidelines in the lab.
Medical Lab Intern
South Region Medical Centre, Westminster, CO
• Performed routine and individual blood tests.
• Drew samples from patients personally when needed.
• Issued timely and accurate reports based on the analysis.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
Medical Lab Technician Certificate
Intellitec Medical Institute, Westminster, CO
Associate Degree in ASCP
Metropolitan State University, Denver, CO
CLT (Certified Lab Technician), CO
See also: MLT Cover Letter Sample