MLT Resume Tips
• An ideal resume for a Medical Laboratory Technician position must be a single page document, very brief, to the point, job-relevant and easy to read.
• In order to make an MLT Resume more appealing, begin with some of your career highlights either using bullets or a profile/summary.
• Divide your resume into different sections.
• Avoid any long paragraphs.
• Highlight your achievements and experience in the form of short, well-structured sentences.
• The professional experiences must be listed in reverse chronological order, starting from the latest job.
The following is an example of a good resume for a medical laboratory technician job.
See also: MLT Cover Letter
MLT (Medical Laboratory Technician) Resume Example
623 W 122nd Ave ❂ Westminster, CO 87665
Home: (000) 567-1234 ❂ Cell: 405-677-8777 ❂ Email
An extremely motivated and well qualified medical lab technician with 8+ years’ solid experience working in busy lab settings. Well versed in drawing samples that require minor incisions and conducting chemical analysis. Ability to work efficiently in a busy lab in an organized manner. Registered as a Medical Laboratory Technician with the ASCP. Specialized courses in hematology and blood bank.
• Skilled in medical lab technician tasks including sample collection, analysis and lab report production.
• Well versed in laboratory software and digital reporting.
• Knowledgeable of state-approved medical lab policies, hygiene requirements, and general/standard procedures.
• Track record of collaborating with pathologists and physicians regarding test results and analytical patterns in blood reporting.
|MEDICAL LAB EXPERTISE|
|• Hematology||• Sample collection||• Blood Transfusion|
|• Medi-tech Software||• Digital Chemical reporting||• Urinalyses|
• Attuned and standardized all laboratory equipment at a new outlet of the medical laboratory, ensuring set-up of separate workstations for microscopic studies, blood work, chemical analysis, and bacterial studies.
• Trained 20 plus employees in Medi-tech and digital report processing systems to improve the overall productivity of the lab.
• Centralized and integrated the medical reports system and enhanced report retrieval efficiency by 50%.
Allegheny Valley Hospital, Westminster, CO | 2011 – Present
Medical Lab Technician
• Analyze various samples that come in for chemical testing and generate the relevant reports.
• Supervise overall quality control in the medical lab ensuring sample collection in the adequately sterilized containers and maintain analysis instruments functional and up to date.
• Post and record full day’s record in the medical lab software before closing up each evening.
• Implement and maintain standard medical lab policy guidelines in the lab.
South Region Medical Centre, Westminster, CO | Summer 2010
Medical Lab Intern
• Performed the routine and individual blood tests.
• Drew samples from patients personally when needed.
• Issued timely and accurate reports based on the analysis.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
Medical Lab Technician Certificate
Intellitec Medical Institute, Westminster, CO | 2010
Associate Degree in ASCP
Metropolitan State University, Denver, CO | 2009
CLT (Certified Lab Technician, 2010) CO