Do you know that most resumes for system administrator position are reviewed between 10-20 seconds only? Does that scare you? It should. Because if that is how little time a reviewer spends on your resume, how in the world are you going to make an impression? There is a loophole here…
A system administrator resume should begin with a professional profile or summary statement. A summary statement can be read in 5 seconds flat! If it is impressive, the rest of the 20 seconds will be advantageous to you as well. Spend time and effort in determining how to impress the reader, and the 20 seconds rule will work in your favor entirely!
52 Main Street ● Pine Bluffs, WY 25632 ● (000) 414-9745 ● jeff.morg @ email . com
• 9+ years’ extensive experience in provisioning, installing, configuring and maintaining systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
• Proficient in handling technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within prescribed infrastructures.
• First-hand experience in installing new and building existing servers and configuring related hardware, peripherals, services and directories.
• A technological-savvy individual who has a documented success in performing daily system monitoring and verifying integrity of hardware, server resources and key processes.
• Competent at ensuring implementation of security measures to keep systems safe and identify possible intrusions and maintaining the integrity of constructed systems by ensuring that they conform to company standards for security and usability.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Server Rebuilding||• Configuration Procedures||• Automated Approaches|
|• Data Integrity||• Systems Integration||• Network Systems Sustainment|
|• Functional Analysis||• Software Test Plans||• Testing Procedures|
|• Tier 2 Support||• Network Storage Devices||• System Upgradation|
• Determine the company’s technology needs and develop new systems and application implementation programs
• Train technical staff in the use of hardware and software, either developed or purchased
• Establish methods and guidelines for installation and maintenance of computer operating systems, disk arrays and tape libraries
• Develop and implement procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use
• Recommend and implement systems enhancements to improve the performance and reliability of the overall system
• Perform periodic audits and handle system integration, verification and supportability for communications systems
• Analyze functional aspects of the system to translate clients’ requirements into hardware and software test plans
• Handle inventory management of software licenses, hardware and software
• Implemented a mass system upgrade, completing it in 5 days, thereby increasing system efficiency by 55%
• Integrated a complex LAN system into the company WAN without disturbing links and configurations
• Secured company data by implementing an in-house developed software coined No Theft
• Purchased original software licenses at 25% discount by identifying low cost vendors, saving the company $50,000
• Installed and upgraded system software and hardware components
• Created network and email accounts for new users
• Responded to requests for system maintenance and troubleshooting
• Assisted in purchasing software and hardware and other information technology supplies
• Provided tier 2 support by analyzing business process failures and performing account management duties
PINE BLUFFS TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Pine Bluffs, WY – 2003
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Last updated on