Social media strategist is an increasingly growing field that has a lot of competition.
To survive in this profession as a viable candidate, your resume must be out of ordinary.
Firstly, it must be tailored to the specific employer’s needs since social media needs vary from company to company.
Secondly, it must support your qualifications with some relevant accomplishments, merely stating your potential is not going to win you an interview.
A great social media strategist resume:
- Is easy to read and comprehend
- Serves as a branded advertisement of the candidate
- Speaks directly to the hiring manager
- Addresses the company’s needs specifically
- Utilizes field specific key terms to enable web optimization
See also: Social Media Strategist Cover Letter
Social Media Strategist Resume Sample
899 Robin Hood Rd, Denton, TX 67212
Highly motivated, creative social media strategist offering 3+ years of experience in social media management and developing successful strategies for social media. Adept at creating and executing content development campaigns and reviewing the generated content.
SOCIAL MEDIA SKILLS
|✔ Four Square||✔ Google +|
- Substantial knowledge of contact sourcing, able to publish relevant content on a daily basis.
- Capable of evolving social strategy incorporating best industry preferences to promote client brand.
- Well versed in conducting social media audits, gathering data on social presence and carrying out brand visibility analysis.
Social Media Strategist
University of North Texas, Denton, TX | 2012 – Present
• Facilitate and promote daily social media conversations
• Develop authentic content to be published on social media regularly
• Initiate social media campaigns for promotion of UNT and academic partners
• Developed a system for tracking traffic analysis on the university’s social media communities by implementing effective linking strategies
• Mentored the social marketing team and extended social media presence of the university to various platforms including Instagram, wikis, and LinkedIn
Social Media Specialist
Omnicom Media Group, Denton, TX | 2010 – 2012
• Developed customized social media strategies for new partners to be handed off to the marketing teams
• Drove social content and posting strategies for the client
• Established cross-promotional plans and served as a liaison among stakeholders and social media partners
• Extended and maintained a comprehensive social media strategy that enhanced brand visibility and media traffic on Omnicom product details by 50%
University of North Texas, Denton, TX | 2010