Using social media to market a company’s products is the best way to ensure its success in the present era.
With great technology boom in the last two decades, more and more companies are using applications like Facebook and Twitter to help them introduce their products and services to target markets.
When employers go through resumes for marketing positions, they look specifically for candidates who may have had some social media experience.
An important position in the social media industry is that of a social media specialist who is expected to coordinate the logistics of marketing and infuse it into social media avenues. They strategize plans and execute them so that customers get the best value for their money and recurring business can be managed. Their work revolves around promoting the company’s products in a way that the marketing message reaches maximum people.
If you are looking for a position in this capacity, the resume example below is right for you. This sample begins with a strong profile/summary statement to impress the reader right away.
Social Media Specialist Resume Example
44 Concordia Road, Atkinson, NH 55663
SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Focused and methodical SOcial Media Professional with 3+ years’ experience in planning and executing social media marketing strategies. Demonstrated ability to develop messaging and promotions according to company policies. Well versed in maintaining, posting and analyzing social media content across diverse formats. Creates and manages flawless content for blogs and social media.
• Excellent knowledge of ethical social media tactics
• Exceptional communication skills
• A proactive approach to take control of problematic issues
• Strong research and presentation skills
• Technology savvy
|SOCIAL MEDIA EXPERTISE|
|✓ Google+||✓ YouTube|
|✓ Houzz||✓ Flickr|
Social Media Specialist
KOHLER, Atkinson, NH | Sep 2012 – Present
• Maintain liaison between marketing and public relations teams
• Plan, schedule and implement core social media marketing strategies
• Read and respond to social media comments
• Oversee company blogs and manage social listening tools
• Develop an annual editorial calendar for the company
• Promote corporate understanding of social media using presentations and webinars
• Manage activities to maximize the regional impact of social activities
• Increased customer base by 55% in 11 months following strategic implementation of social media plans
• Trained and deployed newly hired social media executives to carry out complex social media activities
Social Media Coordinator
Burberry – Madison, WI | Mar 2010 – Sep 2012
• Served as an initial point of contact for online inbound requests
• Analyzed and identified issues and patterns in customer requests
• Provided new marketing ideas to the department
• Monitored online conversations and participated actively
• Wrote and managed blog posts and articles
• Managed podcasts and screen-casts in a proactive manner
• Assisted in coordinating special events to promote the company
• Planned a mega promotional event which engendered high interest in the company’s products and brought about a sizeable increase in the customer database
• Chosen as an ambassador for the company for the overseas promotional tour following excellence in social media marketing activities
New Hampshire State University, Atkinson, NH – 2005
Master’s Degree in Communication