Because of the unbalanced ratio in available jobs and the number of hits an average job gets, resumes for Information Technology Technician position should be written cautiously.
For an IT Technician position, it is best to opt for a skills-based resume where your technical skills must be highlighted objectively and the resume must reflect your expertise that is job-relevant.
Beginning with a profile summary, followed immediately with your technical skills and sectioned qualifications would work best.
Adding an accomplishments section is also a must.
If you are adding key accomplishments, you might as well leave out the duties or responsibilities section to save space, just enlisting your professional experience should suffice in this case.
Sample Resume for Information Technology Technician Position
208 Gateway Lane, Newport, RI 76302
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN
Committed to providing an ultimate client experience.
A systematic and detail-oriented IT professional offering 5+ years of experience in providing effective technical support to all levels of the organization. Well-versed in providing quick assistance both on-site and by phone/email. Strong background in supporting users in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
✔ Systems Management
✔ Ethernet Networks
✔ Desktop Operations
✔ MS SQL
✔ Batch Filing
✔ VDI Implementations
✔ IBM i-Series
• Capable of troubleshooting Windows and Macintosh OS issues
• Skilled in systems management using MS system center configuration manager
• Effective skills in maintaining, analyzing, and repairing computer systems, networks, hardware and peripherals
• Well practiced in various software and plug-in installation and implementation
• Able to conduct preventive maintenance, utilizing effective debugging procedures and anti-malware tools
• Functional knowledge of windows 7 enterprise and windows 8 varied operations and relevant troubleshooting
• Proven ability to carry out routine maintenance tasks while ensuring licensing compliance
We Solve, Newport, RI
July 2016 – Present
• Detected a major networking issue and resolved it efficiently, establishing and enabling a local area network used by 50+ PCs from various server locations simultaneously
• Effectively implemented and managed 30 VDI platforms for an academic client to enable usage of advanced IT tools for faculty and students
• Manage multiple systems setups, including network coverage for the same
• Collaborate with server administration to maintain computer system integrity
Swiftel Communications, Newport, RI
April 2008 – June 2016
• Pioneered a database of maintaining user account information
• Identified complex technical problems
• Communicate effectively with clients and understand their system requirements
• Educate users on new software usage
BS Degree in Computer Science
Tech Institute of Computer Studies, Newport, RI