There are a number of ways in which you can write an IT Specialist resume that will make a positive impression on the hiring authority.
The trouble with creating a killer resume is that one never really knows what will impress the hiring authority.
The trick is to stay relevant and use a navigable format – like the one below:
Information Technology Specialist Resume Example
7990 Bend Wood Lane, Blue Ridge, GA 59003
sarah.b @ email . com
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
Exceptionally talented information technology specialist with extensive comprehension of providing support for the efficient operation of applications, hardware and communication systems with an organization. Highly skilled in analyzing and resolving hardware and software problems.
• Demonstrated expertise in diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents
• Proficient in reviewing proposed changes to client operating environments, and providing resolutions as necessary
• Qualified to identify and break down problems using structured resolution approaches
• Competent in handling regular and preventative maintenance and upkeep of existing server fleets
|✓ System Updates||✓ Expansion Support|
|✓ Test Creation||✓ Systems Development|
|✓ Security Management||✓ Network Issues Resolution|
|✓ Technical Assistance||✓ Documentation|
|✓ System Analysis and Design||✓ Systems Architecture|
|✓ SOPs Creation||✓ Trends Analysis|
• Successfully resolved a technical issue with a server, which had been in a state of limbo for 3 days.
• Increased the security of the network by 85% by implementing novel security systems to counter external threats.
• Provided technical assistance to a corporate client who had over 100 workstation, resulting in increased satisfaction and return business from him.
• Wrote a handbook to handle common software and hardware issues, as part of the new employee training effort.
IBM, Blue Ridge, GA | 10/2010 – Present
Information Technology Specialist
• Determine customers’ software and hardware needs by conferring with them in detail
• Provide oversight during installing hardware and peripheral devices such as monitors, keyboards and printers
• Load appropriate software packages including operating systems and office applications
• Provide assistance in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet customers’ specific needs
• Develop and implement plans and technical support metrics to ensure smooth program implementation
• Troubleshoot issues and problems with software and hardware, ensuring minimum downtime
• Provide database application support and maintain documentation regarding processes, problems and solutions
• Plans and prepare integration of new and upgraded technologies into existing systems
IT Services, Blue Ridge, GA | 2/2003 – 10/2010
• Assisted customers in determining their hardware and software issues by inquiring into errors and problems
• Provided suggestions to resolve issues over the telephone and in person by walking customers through their issues
• Escalated problematic issues to information technology specialists and followed up with them for quick solutions
• Created tickets and ensured that they were handled by experts, and updated on a regular basis
• Assisted in performing software and hardware upgrades, and ensuring that all systems were kept virus-free
Georgia State University, Blue Ridge, GA – 2002
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management
Last updated on