An information technology specialist is hired specifically to oversee the work of an IT team and handle escalated technical issues.
Working as an information technology specialist means that you possess exceptional insight into handling technical issues and problems to ensure that system downtime is minimized.
To be considered eligible to work as an information technology specialist, you have to possess a degree in information technology at the very least.
There are a number of ways in which you can write an IT Specialist resume that will make a positive impression on the hiring authority.
The trouble with creating a killer resume is that one never really knows what will impress the hiring authority.
The trick is to stay relevant and use a navigable format – like the one below:
Information Technology Specialist Resume Example
7990 Bend Wood Lane
Blue Ridge, GA 59003
sarah.b @ email . com
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
Exceptionally talented information technology specialist with 9 years of extensive experience in providing IT support for the efficient operation of applications, hardware, and communication systems within an organization. Highly skilled in analyzing and resolving hardware and software problems.
• Demonstrated expertise in diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer-reported incidents.
• Proficient in reviewing proposed changes to client operating environments, and providing resolutions as necessary.
• Able to identify and break down problems using structured resolution approaches.
• Competent in handling regular and preventative maintenance and upkeep of existing server fleets.
✓ System Updates
✓ Expansion Support
✓ Security Management
✓ Technical Assistance
✓ Network Issues Resolution
✓ System Analysis and Design
• Successfully resolved a technical issue with a server, which had been in a state of limbo for 3 days.
• Increased the security of the network by 85% by implementing novel security systems to counter external threats.
• Provided technical assistance to a corporate client who had over 100 workstations, resulting in increased satisfaction and return business from him.
• Wrote a handbook to handle common software and hardware issues, as part of the new employee training effort.
Information Technology Specialist
IBM, Blue Ridge, GA
10/2015 – Present
• Determine customers’ software and hardware needs by conferring with them in detail
• Provide oversight during installing hardware and peripheral devices such as monitors, keyboards and printers
• Load appropriate software packages including operating systems and office applications
• Provide assistance in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet customers’ specific needs
• Develop and implement plans and technical support metrics to ensure smooth program implementation
• Troubleshoot issues and problems with software and hardware, ensuring minimum downtime
• Provide database application support and maintain documentation regarding processes, problems, and solutions
• Plans and prepare the integration of new and upgraded technologies into existing systems
IT Services, Blue Ridge, GA
2/2013 – 10/2015
• Assisted customers in determining their hardware and software issues by inquiring into errors and problems
• Provided suggestions to resolve issues over the telephone and in person by walking customers through their issues
• Escalated problematic issues to information technology specialists and followed up with them for quick solutions
• Created tickets and ensured that they were handled by experts, and updated on a regular basis
• Assisted in performing software and hardware upgrades, and ensuring that all systems were kept virus-free
Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology Management
Georgia State University, Blue Ridge, GA
Information Technology Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
Some main duties you can add to an information technology specialist resume include:
• Maintain and provide support for information technology issues on the customers’ part.
• Develop and implement plans and technical support metrics aimed at ensuring smooth program implementation.
• Troubleshoot computer and application problems, performing repairs as and when necessary.
• Provide database application support and ensure that documentation regarding processes, problems, and licenses is properly maintained.
• Convert data for new applications and perform required upgrades on existing systems.
• Plan and prepare for the integration of new and upgraded technology, and install, update and maintain computer hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
• Manage and administer the company’s intranet and website, ensuring that no downtime is eminent.
• Identify staff members’ training needs and ensure that these requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner.
• Write technical and procedural manuals and provide and arrange training for staff members.
• Perform network administration activities such as performing back-ups, restoring files, adding or deleting users, and checking space requirements.
• Screen user activity, apply and monitor security patches for assigned operating systems, and install and configure network systems and workstations.
• Administer the company’s telecommunication and email systems, ensuring that appropriate checks and balances are maintained on both.
Information Technology Specialist Skills and Abilities
Writing the information technology specialist resume or a cover letter to articulate your abilities is important on many levels.
Since a job seeker’s main problem is to convince a hiring authority that he or she is worth their time and money, mentioning skills will help in impressing him or her enough to give you a chance.
Some skills statements that an information technology specialist can write in his or her resume (or cover letter) are provided below:
- Network Administration
- Software Development
- Database Administration
- Technical support
- Application Support
- System Design
- Goals Development and Implementation
- Alternate Strategies Development
- Analysis and Research
- Troubleshooting Computers
- Performing Repairs
- New Technology Integration
- Hardware Installation
- Software Installation
- Performing back-ups
- Files restoration
- Monitoring security patches