You may have heard this a million times before but one just cannot take resume writing lightly. The presentation of your skills, abilities, qualifications, accomplishments and work experience is the only thing that will take you to heights of success.
Mediocre resumes bring no results. In fact, they have the opposite effect – as in, they take away a little bit from your candidature.
Here is how to make yourself come across as a good candidate for a job:
915 Jackson Street | Atlanta, GA 30312 | (000) 521-8545 | simonoliver @ email . com
CRIMINAL DEFENSE INVESTIGATOR
Highly regarded criminal defense investigator with exceptional ability to provide legal representation of indignant persons with crimes within the assigned territory. Effectively able to provide a consistently high level of service, with special focus on ensuring success of cases.
• Documented success in performing routine investigative work involving criminal cases
• Highly skilled in locating and interviewing clients, complainants and witnesses, and others who may have official information relevant to a legal defense
• Well-versed in determining the reliability and credibility of witnesses by conferring with attorneys
• Exceptionally talented at evaluating various types of evidence, and advising attorneys in investigative procedures
|✓ Subpoena Serving||✓ Evidence Collecting||✓ Court Testifying|
|✓ Source Gathering||✓ Identification Techniques||✓ Diagramming Techniques|
|✓ Fact Analysis||✓ Demonstrative Evidence||✓ Hostility Management|
|✓ Diplomatic Dealing||✓ Conclusion Drawing||✓ Crime Scene Photography|
Process Improvement: Improved evidence collection methods and protocols, resulting in an 85% increase in collection evidence.
Analysis: Successfully analyzed a potentially explosive situation and handled it with precision, before things got out of hand.
Crime Control: Decreased the number of crimes within the assigned area by 65% owing to a reputation for figuring criminals out quickly.
Multitasking: Handled the work of a criminal investigator and that of a photographer in the absence of the latter during an intense criminal scene.
Criminal Defence Investigator
Atlanta Defender’s Office, Atlanta, GA | 3/2012 – Present
• Confer with clients and attorneys to acquire information of committed crime
• Analyze facts and ensure that they are documented properly
• Conduct investigations to support the legal defense of a wide variety of criminal cases
• Contact external agencies and expert witnesses as reference resources for potential testimony
• Serve subpoenas on those required to testify or submit evidence before the court
• Operate and maintain a variety of photographic and projection equipment to assist in criminal investigation
• Handle potentially explosive situations with tact, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all people involved
• Create and submit reports regarding findings such as statements, scene descriptions and analysis of physical evidence
Criminal Defense Investigator
Till Private Investigators, Atlanta, GA | 2/2006 – 3/2012
• Gathered evidence required to defend clients, through different channels as advised by the investigator
• Organized evidence according to specifications governing investigative protocols
• Interviewed clients and witnesses, and catalogued information in the database
• Assisted with operating photographic equipment at crime scenes and ensured that evidence collected was properly catalogued properly
• Created and maintained reports and witness statements along with analysis of physical evidence
Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA | 2005
Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice