There are only so many chances that you will have to impress an employer – the resume is one of them.
And the resume is the most potent document in a job application set, so use it to your advantage as much as possible.
Remember that whatever you write in a resume, will be held for or against you when the decision-making part comes in.
Here is a sample to help you write an excellent resume for inventory manager position.
Inventory Manager Resume Example
68 Pint Road | New Paris, OH 00898 | (000) 343-7566 | [email protected]
Results-oriented inventory professional with 13 years’ experience in devising and implementing strategies to optimize inventory control procedures. A self-motivated individual who is known for his pleasant nature and a positive outlook.
• Demonstrated expertise in reviewing sales forecasts to determine inventory levels requirements.
• Highly experienced in maintaining optimal stock levels to ensure timely availability of products.
• Competent in setting inventory operational standards for staff members and ensuring that they meet them.
• Replaced the existing inventory management system with a more efficient one, easing procurement activities.
• Reduced costs of shipping goods from another state by $50000 by locating a local vendor.
• Successfully hired and trained 15 inventory clerks within the given deadline, to be deployed to warehouses in 3 different cities.
• Maintained the standard of inventory for five years consistently, thereby earning accolades from the management.
|• Stock Levels Maintenance||• Ageing Stock Management|
|• Procurement||• Shipment Coordination|
|• Budget Preparation||• Staff Training and Development|
|• Quantity Assurance||• Supply Chain Efficiency|
|• Electronic Inventory Tracking||• Complaints Investigation|
|• Inventory Flow Management||• Suppliers Evaluation|
Trek Inc., New Paris, OH | 2011 – Present
• Successfully confer with different departments to determine their requirements and devise ways of optimizing inventory processes.
• Proactively inspect levels of materials to identify shortages and create and maintain similar reports.
• Ascertain that stock levels are adequate for all distribution channels and is capable of covering direct customer demand.
• Evaluate present suppliers to decipher delivery capabilities, and identify new and cost-effective suppliers and vendors.
• Create and maintain productive relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of products.
Assistant Inventory Manager
Trek Inc., New Paris, OH | 2007 – 2011
• Consulted with procurement managers to determine their specific requirements.
• Ordered supplies and followed up on orders to ensure time-efficient delivery.
• Negotiated contracts with vendors.
• Handled delays with tact and urgency.
• Created and maintained correlating inventory documentation to avoid company shrinkage due to loss or theft.
Aramark, New Paris, OH | 2003 – 2007
• Contacted all departments to determine their supplies and equipment requirements.
• Created and maintained procurement orders and ensured that they were signed by the manager promptly.
• Maintained effective liaison with vendors and suppliers to provide timely delivery of supplies.
• Created inventory management reports for review and to determine future requirements.
• Oversaw stock levels and ensured that additional stock is acquired before the existing one runs out.
AAS | Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Pima Community College New Paris, OH – 2002
• Exceptionally well-versed in creating and maintaining spreadsheets to report and analyze inventory data
• Expert user of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• ERP and Inflow Inventory Software