Obtaining a finance internship is easy if your resume summary says brilliant things about you.
It is important to realize that the resume summary decides the course of the rest of the document. It also gives a hiring manager to hold onto something.
When writing a summary to obtain a finance internship, focus on your knowledge of the work.
Whatever you have studied during your degree program will come in handy at this point.
Even though you do not have a lot of space to write too much, you can effectively highlight your skills such as knowledge of preparing periodic financial reports and updating financial data in systems.
This information will help the hiring manager decide what your true mettle is, and if you should be granted the internship opportunity or not.
Technically, your resume summary should highlight your ability to learn the ropes quickly, and contribute effectively.
Through your resume summary, you can easily communicate your comprehension of different aspects of the financial system of the company.
See also: Finance Internship Cover Letter
Some sample summaries for a finance internship resume are provided here for reference purposes:
Finance Internship Resume Summary
• A highly skilled finance graduate, with an inherent interest in finance and accounting. Exceptionally talented in handling financial tasks such as approving payments, and purchase authorizations. Well-versed in assisting with the preparation of month-end accounts, and reviewing banking arrangements.
• Ambitious, resourceful, and industrious individual, with exceptional knowledge of analyzing investment and financial opportunities, and generating revenue growth ideas. Effectively able to evaluate, develop, and recommend fiscal policies. Competent in maintaining all official accounting records in conformance with accepted standards and procedures.
• Finance intern, with great competency in managing financial data entry, such as petty cash and production floats. Deeply familiar with reconciling accounts, for example, bank accounts and credit cards. Highly aware of managing month-end journal entries, as well as ensuring consistency in financial data models.
• Industrious, competent, and qualified individual, possessing exceptional comprehension of finance and accounting systems. Ability to prepare and lodge periodic business and installment activity statements. Well-versed in preparing financial reports and grant acquittals.
• Highly competent individual, with an inherent ability to prepare and process payments and receipts. Qualified to handle financial processing up to trial balances. Familiar with ensuring correct allocation of transactions in the general ledger.
• Competent finance graduate, with high aspiration in working as a finance intern. Skilled in assisting in the preparation of company budgets. Ability to manage receipts and records. Expert in reconciling periodic transactions, and processing invoices.