Although each section of an insurance specialist resume is very important, the skills section is generally the main focus of attention when your resume is being skimmed or scanned. Employers are not much interested in what you have studied or have been doing previously; rather they want to know what you can do for them. This section is an ideal platform to convince them of viability of your candidacy by highlighting your core competencies.
• Optimization: Like every section of the resume, skills section needs to be optimized. This calls for integration of some insurance industry keywords that amply highlight your strengths.
• Organization: When writing the skills section, priority matters. Categorize the skills into different clusters and then enlist them as per the hiring firms’ priority. You can get an idea of which skills the prospective employer deems more important just by observing the sequence in which the required skills appear in the job description.
• Impact: Sometimes, just stating a skill is not enough. You need to go a step further by elaborating the same or by including the additional positive impact it can have on your productivity in the given role.
• Well versed in explaining the insurance policies and claim processing procedures to the clients
• Proven expertise in reviewing clients’ documentation and providing them with clear instructions for completion of the same
• Profound ability to maintain updated knowledge of latest insurance policies and claim processing protocols
• Demonstrated skills in compiling and underwriting insurance cases for approval
• Particularly effective in balancing and preparing monthly accountability reports for submission
• Apt at identification of denied claims and handling of delinquent accounts
• Efficient in verifying claims and determining insurance eligibility
• Track record of approaching and soliciting potential clients by leveraging the referral base effectively
• Strong numeracy skills, proficient in calculating percentages, ratios, discounts, interest and commission
• Familiar with insurance policies, procedures, regulations and applicable laws
• Outstanding persuasive skills with strong capability of following-up prospective clients and closing the deal
• Proven interpersonal, communication and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with clients and management
• Hands on experience in processing liability insurance claims, employee benefit programs and third party administrator services
• Adept at identifying and correcting discrepancies in medical coding
• Extremely capable of anticipating the prospective client’s insurance needs and chalking out appropriate packages to cater for their needs
• Influential in recommending necessary changes in individual insurance coverage and notifying the payroll of changes in deduction
• Practiced in selling insurance benefits to clients based on their overall financial budget and plan
• Polished skills in claim processing, eligibility verification and delinquent accounts handling
Last updated on