The main purpose of an adjunct instructor’s resume is to earn a job interview.
Therefore, it is very important to highlight the key points of your candidacy in a dynamic manner while engaging the reader instantly with a well-tailored profile summary, core competencies, and accomplishments.
How to Write a Professional Resume for Adjunct Instructor Position?
- Mention only your job-relevant skills and experiences.
- Use bullets points and short sentences.
- Keep it simple and to the point.
- Proofread before sending it.
Here are 2 examples to get ideas from:
Adjunct Instructor Resume Sample 1
56 Yale Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21032
harold . atkinson @ email . com
Resourceful and experienced adjunct business instructor with 5 years’ track record of implementing curriculum, conducting assessments, and supervising research projects. Excellent facilitator, who has profound supervisory skills and brings a track record of implementing the curriculum goals in a timely manner. Self-directed teaching professional with a genuine interest in fostering students’ cognitive and social growth
• Curriculum Implementation
• Class Control
• Research Supervision
• Course Objectives
• Lesson Planning
• Curriculum Development
• Student Assessment
• Activity Facilitation
• Syllabi Interpretation
• Student Mentoring
• Assignment Marking
• Policy Implementation
Adjunct Instructor, Business
The UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE, Baltimore, MD
May 2013 – Present
• Develop and implement semester learning goals in light of the curriculum
• Conduct scheduled classes punctually and maintain classroom discipline
• Supervise various ongoing student activities in the university
• Assess the student’s performance regularly
• Approve and review research proposals of students
• Mentor students regarding their career choices
Key Results and Achievements
• Supervised 30+ research projects, 18 out of which were published in international journals
• Maintained a pass percentage of 100% for 3 consecutive years, 2019 to 2021
• Initiated the use of interactive AV aids through smart active boards in classrooms
• Singlehandedly organized an alumni event, hosting 65 graduates of the college
INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES, Baltimore, MD
August 2010 – April 2013
• Planned the lessons as per the curriculum and implemented the same
• Issued AV aids from the resource office and returned the same after the lesson
• Marked student assignments regularly
• Coordinated with the head of the department regarding curriculum objectives
• Provided support to the management in curriculum enhancement
• Prepared lecture notes beforehand and provided resource material to students
M.S Business Administration
CITY COLLEGE, Baltimore, MD – 2010
• Trilingual: Fluent in English, Spanish and French
• Computer: MS Word and Excel
Adjunct Instructor Resume Sample 2
652 Blue Spruce Drive, Euless, TX 44443
To obtain a Finance Adjunct Instructor position with Texas State University. Bringing exceptional skills in financial management and a proven ability to impart information meticulously and professionally.
• Functional knowledge of implementing curriculum following modern teaching methodologies.
• Excellent grasp of making administrative and procedural decisions based on sensitivity and judgment.
• Hands-on experience of employing a range of suitable strategies to foster student learning.
• Proficient in revising and updating course materials on a regular basis.
• Demonstrated knowledge of higher education experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Expert in online educational delivery tools
• Knowledge of modern teaching methods and their application
• Able to manage the classroom in terms of student behavior and management
• Excellent multitasking skills
• Compiled an array of financial information data which was used in the designing of the new finance curriculum.
• Initiated a student fostered curriculum which worked with available student data to design and implement an individual-based curriculum.
Nashville University of Financial Management – Euless, TX
May 2021 – present
• Develop and provide students with financial management syllabus
• Organize and revise course materials on a regular basis
• Model effective oral and written communication to engage students effectively
• Set clear course expectations
• Evaluate student performances
• Participate in university activities relevant to student indulgence
Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX
Aug 2018 – May 2021
• Prepared lessons and delivered instruction for courses
• Advised and counseled students
• Established class schedules and office hours
• Submitted book requests, syllabi, and evaluations
• Supervised research and field-based developmental activities
Master of Science in Financial Management
Texas State University – Euless, TX