Adjunct professors are casual college educators who work on a tenure-based contract with the option of becoming permanent professors with experience and time.
Their responsibilities include curriculum development, publishing academic papers, and other duties that a regular tenured professor may perform.
Writing a professional resume for an Adjunct Professor position is no less than a challenge.
Candidates seeking an adjunct position as a professor often find it very difficult to communicate their potential and competencies on a piece of paper.
How to Write a Great Resume for Adjunct Professor Position?
Here are 4 steps that will help you in building an impressive resume especially for an adjunct professor position.
- Start with a branding statement that defines who you are, what you do and also showcases your core competencies.
- Give a quantified account of your professional accomplishments to support your claims of competence.
- Arrange your skills and qualifications in an orderly manner, placing the most wanted ones at the top followed by the ones not so important for the specific employer.
- Write current contact number and email ID in contact details.
The following 2+ resume samples for an adjunct professor will assist you with ideas on writing your resume.
Adjunct Professor Resume Sample 1
210 Olive Garden Lane
Rosemont, PA 34909
daniel @ email . com
Accomplished educationalist with 6+ years of experience as an adjunct professor in business and related subjects. Track record of teaching courses in synchronization with the learning objectives. Ability to set standardized learning objectives for each allotted group of students. Strong facilitating, teaching, and public speaking skills.
ROSEMONT COLLEGE, Rosemont, PA
• Enhanced overall admission rate up to 30% by offering unique and interesting courses at BBA level
• Elevated students performance level by 45%, through the identification of weak areas of students and coaching them in the same
• Set learning targets at the beginning of each session and plan lessons accordingly
• Create an intellectually stimulating classroom environment and equip students with practical learning opportunities
• Supervise coursework research and survey projects in marketing and business studies
THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Rosemont, PA
• Supervised 40+ theses, 13 of which were published in internationally recognized, peer-reviewed journals
• Delivered lectures on various topics included in coursework
• Taught distance learning courses online through LSC software
• Assisted the academic department in the development of curriculum
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS, Rosemont, PA, 2009
American Marketing Association, AMA, Rosemont, PA
Research Centre for business and sales, RSBS, Rosemont, PA
– Curriculum Development
– Course Designing
– Student Evaluation
– AV Aids
– Lesson Planning
– Remedial Classes
– Course Assessment
– Assignment Checking
– Student Counselling
– Online Tutoring
– Classroom Instruction
Adjunct Professor Resume Sample 2 With Less Experience
6 Boulder Falls Street, Henderson, NV 35353
Seeking an Adjunct Professor position with Henderson University of Sciences where my expertise in curriculum development and research will be used to get the best results.
• 2 years of experience working as an Adjunct Professor in a college environment
• Highly experienced in developing strategies to teach course content including instructional objectives and delivery methods
• Hands-on experience in organizing and preparing updates for all course materials
• In-depth knowledge of organizing and sequencing topics in a logical progression and pacing delivery to meet individual class needs
• Wrote a curriculum guide that assists program developers in designing assignments to conforms to the objectives of instruction.
• Created and implemented several strategy-based curricula to bring about an interactive classroom environment.
Nevada College – Henderson, NV
Sep 2019 – Oct 2021
• Developed and managed syllabus materials
• Coordinated coursework and curriculum with academic objectives
• Facilitated class instruction and evaluated student performance
• Managed grade determination served on faculty panel in an administrative role
• Designed assignments and tests
• Established positive classroom relationships and incorporated higher-level learning
M.A. Degree in Social Sciences – 2018
Nevada State University – Henderson, NV
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• High level of self-discipline and direction
• Strong leadership skills
• Exceptional ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment