It is essential to building a generic resume for HR Specialist position, just tailor this generic resume slightly to meet the requirements of the employer.
Focus on your design, format, content and bullet points to present it most efficiently.
A well-formatted resume can either make you stand out from the crowd – a bad one can end up in the bin. A good resume does not contain fancy graphics, different typefaces or color to attract attention. Instead, it is a plain document with relevant headings and bullet points.
Types of HR Specialist Resume
Chronological: The most widely used format for HR positions. A chronological resume focuses on relevant experiences in reverse chronological order.
Functional: This format stresses on transferable skills and relevant qualifications, with less emphasis on specific employer or dates. It is an excellent choice for entry-level candidates or career changers.
Combination: This type of HR Specialist Resume is a hybrid between a chronological and functional format.
Human Resource Specialist Resume Example
342 Middle Privet Drive • Carmel, IN 46032
Cell: 001-233-4567 • Email
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
❖ ❖ ❖ ❖
Passionate HR Specialist with over 4 years’ extensive experience in completing reference checks, preliminary phone interviews, job advertisement preparation, recruitment assistance and the like. Highly skilled in performing human resource functions for personnel matters impacting business decisions. Extremely proficient in creating, managing and administering HR systems, aligning policies and procedures with compliance laws. Proven record of maintaining department’s data integrity. Possess positive attitude, strong organizational skills and attention to detail with accuracy. SPHR certified.
• Hired over 300 new staff members in 2012-13 with a retention rate of above 85% for the year
• Assisted HR Manager in revising the company policy manual in coordination with other staff members
• Successfully coordinated numerous HR events for the staff including “Employees Annual Achievements Day”, multiple guest speaker sessions, seminars, conferences, training, employee retreats, etc.
• Awarded for increasing retention rate from 60% to 85% on the “Employees Annual Achievements Day 2012”
SoCal Penske – West Covina, CA [05/2013 – Present]
• Carry out all recruitment processes including head-hunting, reaching potential candidates by telephone/email, applicants’ resume screening, interviewing applicants, processed background checks, shortlisting, finalizing hiring and closing vacancies
• Process new hire paperwork, ensuring compliance with company requirements on time
• Create, organize, update and maintain personnel files and the HR database
• Manage and coordinate employee training and development programs
ABC Company– West Covina, CA [02/2009 – 05/2013]
• Communicated with management and executives for creation, refreshing and/or interpreting policy changes
• Provided administrative support for all HR functions, including filing, copying, general correspondence and support/preparation for meetings, training, orientations, and executive traveling
• Professionally worked with confidential and sensitive data
• Utilized excellent writing and communication skills to provide effective customer service
University of Maryland, Baltimore, MA 
B.S. in Business Administration
Major: Human Resources Management
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
• Eager to learn new technologies and systems