A surgical coordinator’s resume is much more than an ordinary document. It tells a prospective employer that the candidate is the best choice for the surgical coordinator job.
It shows that the job seeker is an individual without whom a company cannot function optimally. This is necessary to show off. Successfully showing the employer that you are a perfect fit through a resume is a great feat that can only be done (initially) through a resume.
The following sample resume for the surgical coordinator position will help job seekers build or update their resumes.
Sample Resume for Surgical Coordinator Position
22 Yucca Avenue
Farmington, NM 87021
mimi.snow @ email . com
Dedicated and competent Surgical Coordinator with a 12-plus-year track record in scheduling surgical cases, providing pre-operative instructions to patients, and ensuring that all incoming patient information is properly stored and handled. Effectively works in sync with different departments to coordinate surgical interventions as directed by physicians. Special talent for:
- Arranging necessary equipment
- Reviewing surgical and clinical forms for completeness
- Scheduling mutually acceptable appointments using computerized scheduling systems
- Successfully made arrangements for an emergent surgical procedure, saving the patient’s life.
- Introduced a pre and post-operative patient education procedure which resulted in calming down patient jitters before each procedure.
- Streamlined pre-operative paperwork by implementing a system to acquire and document all reports in an accurate manner.
- Implemented an appointment scheduling process that decreased surgical procedure overlapping by 50%.
The Steadman Hospital, Farmington, NM
May 2014 – Present
- Effectively liaise between patients and surgeons to ensure that all aspects of the surgery are appropriately handled
- Schedule patient surgeries and pre-operative appointments such as with primary care physicians and technicians
- Make arrangements for patient transportation to and from surgical rooms while ensuring that patients are kept safe
- Educate patients about pre and post-operative procedures and care and ensure that any questions or queries are answered along the way
- Ensure that the surgical room is properly prepared according to surgeons’ instructions and ensure that any post-op kits are available
Delta Healthcare, Farmington, NM
Aug 2012 – May 2014
- Maintained both surgical instruments and equipment within the area of specialty
- Supervised ancillary staff in performing their work
- Reviewed both surgical and clinical forms for completeness and accuracy
- Ensured that any additional documentation requirements are fulfilled
- Maintained database to ensure that all pre-surgical forms and medical clearance forms are obtained in a timely manner
Mercy Health Services, Farmington, NM
Feb 2010 – Aug 2012
- Assisted surgical staff in ensuring that all surgical rooms are properly cleaned and sanitized
- Ensured that surgical equipment and instruments are sanitized and made available before each procedure
- Handed instruments to surgeons during the surgical procedure and ensured that all equipment was up and running properly
- Arranged for patients to be brought to the operating room and ensured their physical and emotional wellbeing
- Assisted in scheduling appointments for surgeries and performed appropriate follow-up
Associate’s Degree in Surgical Technology – 2009
Farmington Medical School, Farmington, NM
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Equipment Maintenance | Surgeries Coordination
Contracted Insurance Plans | Paperwork Management
Patient Education | Insurance Coverage Determination
Emergency Handling | OR Circulating
Emergent Situation Response | Surgical Flow Maintenance
Medical Clearance Obtainment | Teamwork and Dispute Resolution