Patient Service Associate Resume Tips
• Ensure that your resume for Patient Service Associate position is error free and easy to read.
• Follow a professional and contemporary format.
• Use a header and compelling titles that reflects you as a viable candidate.
• Customize your resume to show your Patient Service qualifications and experiences in an orderly manner.
• Add metrics! Quantify your achievements and then mention them.
• Incorporate some buzz words, adding industry language helps in sounding an experienced candidate.
• Always supplement your resume with a Patient Service Associate Cover Letter.
• Use action verbs to emphasize your accomplishments.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample
577 earnest Lane, Portland, OR 67221
PATIENT SERVICE ASSOCIATE
Top performing Passionate, dynamic patient service associate with 9+ years of patient advocacy experience. Particularly skilled in handling and analyzing patients’ medical records, issuing insurance claims, and discussing treatment options with patients.
• Adept at communicating with patients and guiding them regarding health care facilities
• Substantial knowledge of various medical insurance plans and claim processing procedures
• Capable of scanning and preparing the medical record and entering the same in automated systems
• Skilled in performing patient data integration tasks
• Proficient in coordinating patient follow up appointments and discharge summaries
|✔ MS Excel|
|✔ RE7 Database System|
✔ FUO software
Patient Service Associate
Health Ways, Portland, OR | 2011 – Present
• Proficiently utilize computerized scheduling system and multiline telephone system for appointment issuance and patient coordination
• Provide information regarding available treatment options and health package structures to patients coming in with queries
• Facilitate insurance claims processing when needed
✔ Initiated a monthly newsletter to promote and highlight services and health packages being offered by the facility
✔ Troubleshooted a technical issue in the patient database and saved the management from a lot of data loss
Patient Service Associate
Oregon Health University, Portland, OR | 2009 – 2011
• Handled medical records in adherence to HIPPA patient privacy act
• Managed productivity and tracked data using RE7
• Determined status of incoming patients to establish eligibility for services
• Arranged for wheelchairs and accommodated patients with special needs, as and when needed
✔ Reduced the manual effort by 20% through implementation of integration digital boards in various waiting sections to display the appointment’s schedule
Associates Degree in Management
ABC College, Portland, OR | 2009