Your main effort when applying for a patient escort position should go into writing the resume.
The resume is your main document and says a lot about what you are capable of doing – and what you have done in the past.
Use it sensibly.
Here is a resume sample to help you along:
8 Abington Avenue, Glenside, PA 59310
Paulwilson @email . com
Over 7 years of experience in performing duties necessary to provide safe, courteous and efficient transport of patients, equipment and supplies to and from patient care areas and departments within a hospital facility.
Organized and reliable, assists nursing staff to create, maintain and provide a safe environment. Able to provide physical and emotional support to patients throughout the transit procedure. Hands-on experience in disinfecting and maintaining and setting up equipment such as orthopedic traction setups.
|✓ Physical Support||✓ Ambulatory Support||✓ Specimen Handling|
|✓ Disinfection Procedures||✓ Sanitization||✓ Equipment Maintenance|
|✓ Records Maintenance||✓ Patient Counseling||✓ Emergency Services|
|✓ Morgue Bagging||✓ Charge Cards Handling||✓ Permission Requests|
• Successfully implemented core sanitization procedures, resulting in increased safety of patients and staff members
• Saved a patient’s life during inter-unit transport, by providing him with immediate CPR in the event of a heart attack
• Transported 43 patients during a particularly busy day at the office
• Devised clinical records handling metrics, which proved to be exceptionally safe during patient transit
Claire Health System, Glenside, PA | 11/2013 – Present
• Look through work orders to determine which patients need transportation between units
• Identify patients through their tags and records, before picking them up from transport
• Engage patients in conversation to keep their fears at bay during the transport process
• Assist patients onto wheelchairs and portable beds, ensuring their wellbeing and comfort
• Create and maintain patients’ records, ensuring that they are updated on a regular basis
Claire Health System, Glenside, PA | 6/2009 – 11/2013
• Provided patients with limited information on procedures that they are scheduled for
• Ensured that all paperwork such as patients’ documents and records accompany the transit
• Handed over patients and their files to nursing personnel within the destination unit or department
• Transported specimens such as blood samples, and equipment to and from different units and departments
• Assisted patients in and out of beds, providing support with personal needs such as toileting and grooming
Sava Health Services, Glenside, PA | 2/2007 – 6/2009
Patient Services Aide
• Created and maintained effective communication with assigned patients to determine their problems
• Ascertained that patients were made comfortable throughout their stay at the hospital
• Provided medication reminders and observed assigned patients during the course of their admission
St. James High School, Glenside, PA | 2006
High School Diploma
Last updated on