Putting your best face forward is what you need to do when you write your resume for a patient advocate position.
The following example will guide you on how to write an excellent resume.
Sample Resume for Patient Advocate Position
941 Casa Rea Lane, Boise, ID 85220
maryhill @ email . com
PATIENT CARE ADVOCATE
Tolerant and well-organized individual with considerable experience in investigating, resolving, and reporting organization-specific patient and visitor complaints and concerns to the management. Well-versed in developing and implementing patient relations initiatives and providing periodic accountability and variance analysis reports.
• First-hand experience in facilitating the resolution of grievances and requests for assigned clinical units or departments
• Proven record of coordinating intervention services and identifying systems-related issues with the view of early resolution
• Focused on delivering quality education to patients and their families to ensure that they understand clinical/hospital systems
• Skilled in evaluating patients within established guidelines to determine programs that they qualify for
• Claims Shepherding • Benefits Application
• Verifications Obtainment • Patient Education
• Approvals Expediting • KPI Tracking
• Complaint Resolution • Record-keeping Systems
• Referral Tracking Sheets • Insurance Verification
• Request Assessments • Resources Awareness
CARDON OUTREACH, Boise, ID
Aug 2017 – Present
• Wrote a comprehensive patient education booklet on patient rights.
• Implemented a sophisticated system to track programs for patients based on their eligibilities, according to demographic data provided.
• Expedited 521 insurance approvals successfully by effectively gathering and presenting medical required information forms.
• Interview patients to determine demographic information and ensure that it is properly recorded.
• Evaluate patients to determine which medical and rehabilitation programs they qualify for.
• Initiate and complete patient registration processes by ensuring that all obtained data is accurate and complete.
• Document patients’ and visitors’ concerns and ensure that they are timely resolved.
• Coordinate interventions and collaborate with unit leadership to meet customer service and clinical quality outcomes.
• Analyze complaints and grievances and ensure that they are timely resolved.
• Create and maintain files and record-keeping systems in a manner that they are easily retrievable.
• Educate patients and families on how to obtain services and enroll in rehabilitation programs without problems.
BOLDER HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS, Boise, ID
May 2015 – Aug 2017
• Resolved a patient complaint that could have taken the hospital through a tedious court trial by settling matters efficiently.
• Assisted patients with their daily tasks such as bathing, washing, grooming, and toileting.
• Counseled distressed patients to ensure their comfort and wellbeing.
• Took and recorded vitals such as blood pressure, temperature, and pulse.
• Monitored patients’ conditions and provided feedback to nursing stations in cases of problems.
• Provided education to patients regarding the hospital’s facilities and services and relayed feedback to the management.
High School Diploma
BOISE HIGH SCHOOL, Boise, ID – 2012
Related: Patient Advocate Cover Letter