Job market is a place where hiring and application trends constantly evolve. Therefore, an ideal resume for nursing unit clerk position needs to be revamped from time to time in order to keep up with modern resume writing trends. As an aspiring candidate, you should be ever ready to apply for an opportunity when it comes your way with a flexible and adaptable copy of your master resume.
A master resume contains the basic information of your candidacy written in an adaptable manner that can be easily customized or edited to build a tailored version of the same. When applying for a nursing unit clerk position, it is crucial to customize your resume according to the prospective employer’s preferences and organizational culture.
112 Cherry tree Lane • Decatur, IL 78449 • (004) 333–5555 • joshua @ email com
SUMMARY: Accurate, adroit nursing unit clerk having 7+ years of experience in healthcare related clerical tasks. Patient oriented individual with strong interpersonal and numeracy skills, fully competent in areas of patient case filing, nursing personnel supervision and medical supplies requisition. Well versed with various medical record keeping software and online database maintenance.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|• Patient Registration||• Discharge Processing||• Medical Charting|
|• Supplies Requisition||• Patient queries||• Visitor Handling|
|• Treatment Implementation||• Floor Maintenance||• Appointment Setting|
|• Lab Coordination||• Nursing Supervision||• HIPPA Compliance|
• Implemented a computerized supplies inventory system to ensure 100% availability of supplies
• Reduced registration processing time by 3 minutes on average by making amendments in existing system
HEALTHY LIVING HOSPITAL, Decatur, IL
Senior Nursing Unit Clerk, September 2011 – Present
• Maintain patient information updated in the computerized data base
• Round the wards and ensure delivery of highest quality patient care services
• Supervise the nursing staff and keep track of their absences and late comings
• Process procedure information and verify the same for billing
• Maintain complete medical records of all patients
• Acquire medical supplies for the floor timely as per requisition demand
CENTRAL HOSPITAL, Decatur, IL
Unit Clerk, March 2008 – August, 2011
• Set up lab appointments and specialist consults for patients as required
• Greeted visitors and directed them to patients’ rooms
• Took regular rounds to ensure the floor is well maintained and sanitized
• Ensured accurate implementation of the treatment plans
• Obtained patients’ signatures on the consent form after explaining the procedure to them
• Took patient history and processed initial registration
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF MEDICINE, Decatur, IL – 2008
Associate’s Degree in Medical Office Management
• BCLS and First Aid certified
• Load lifting ability up till 60 lbs.
• Trilingual: English, Spanish and French
• Proficient in data entry and PC operations