Technology and human antidote – both need to be evident in school crossing guard resumes.
Since you have no choice but to use technology to create a resume, it is best if you put a personal touch in it.
Believe it or not, many candidates resort to generating resumes through automated systems (software), which are usually isolated by employers’ eagle eyes.
And lead the candidate nowhere.
Instead of using technology, try writing your resume by following the resume sample below:
589 Myrtle Avenue | Brooklyn, NY 92021 | (000) 854-4141 | just_p @ email . com
SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD
Highly responsible, attentive and methodical.
7+ years of extensive experience in escorting people (specifically children) at designated crossing locations, in accordance with the health and safety acts of the government. Proven ability to coordinate the flow of traffic while school children and pedestrians are crossing the road.
• Politely discourage children from behaving unsafely near traffic, such as darting into the street without looking
• Proven ability to use existing gaps in traffic to help students cross safely or create gaps when required
• Competent at alerting motorists that pedestrians are in the process of using the school crossing
• Effectively observes and reports incidents of conditions that present potential safety hazards to school children
Areas of Expertise
|• Student Education||• Traffic Safety|
|• Traffic Gap Handling||• Cones Management|
|• Hazards Management||• Traffic Signs Erecting|
|• Control Points||• Rerouting Plans|
|• Safe Behavior Encouragement||• Crossing Zone Preparation|
|• Street Patrolling||• Customer Service|
St. Paul’s Elementary School, Brooklyn, NY | 2011– Present
• Hold educational classes for students to provide them with information on roadside and crossing safety
• Erect signs to divert or stop traffic on the roads outside schools, during school hours
• Escort school children across the street, stopping traffic where necessary
• Guide and control vehicular traffic by holding up signs or creating hand signs
• Locate safe gaps and make appropriate use of them to direct pedestrian traffic
• Activate road warning signs to ensure that vehicular traffic slows its speed while approaching the school area
• Handle traffic routing work during events and ensure that control point locations are properly managed
• Observe and report any problems, incidents or hazards to the management, in a bid to ensure student safety at all times
• Suggested using neon lights to alert motorists to stop much before the school crossing, resulting in streamlining of traffic.
• Successfully averted a major risk to school children by informing the authorities of a series of open manholes right outside the school.
City of Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY | 2009 – 2011
• Assisted pedestrians in crossing the street by holding traffic at bay
• Provided special support to the elderly and children in crossing streets by physically helping them
• Erected temporary signs on crossings to made motorists aware of pedestrian traffic
• Identified and reported traffic hazards or incidents to the line manager immediately
• Provided assistance during adverse incidents such as hit and runs and other accidents
• Singlehandedly conducted a series of educational seminars on road safety for young students.
• Introduced the concept of placing cones on either side of the crossing, resulting in increased safety of school children.
Grocery Clerk | ABS Store, New York, NY | 2008
High School Diploma | 2007
Brooklyn High School, Brooklyn, NY