A school crossing guard cover letter is a very important document that should go along with your resume when you apply for a job.
The following guidelines and a sample cover letter will guide you in this regard.
How to Write a Great Cover Letter for School Crossing Guard?
- Highlight your enthusiasm to work for a specific school district.
- Use a personalized tone while highlighting the key points of your resume.
- Mention some of your relevant crossing guard skills and qualifications.
- Close your cover letter proactively by mentioning your follow-up plan.
Sample Cover Letter for School Crossing Guard
August 11, 2020
Mrs. Wilma Tell
St. James School
8273 Jon Street
New York, NY 66865
Dear Mrs. Tell:
I am interested in speaking with you regarding a Crossing Guard position at St. James School. My relevant work experience, as well as my enthusiasm to ensure the safety of children and pedestrians, makes me an excellent candidate.
As can be seen on the attached resume, I am well versed in:
- Providing safe movement to school-age children, as well as adults on designated school crossing locations
- Observing and identifying all road hazards using good judgment
- Following all traffic and city safety regulations
- Providing excellent customer service
- Responding to pedestrians’ questions
- Standing and walking for long periods of time
Besides that, I am able to work during the week on a daytime rotation during the normal school year and summer school times. Moreover, I possess excellent communication, customer service, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills. Not to mention, I am willing to provide a criminal and vulnerability sector check upon request.
Given these points, I would like to meet with you to discuss my candidacy in detail. I will call the school secretary after a few days to follow up on my job application. Meanwhile, please feel free to call me at (000) 557-9565.
Thank you for your time and consideration.