Nowadays, trolling the job market with mediocre resumes is a horror.
Things are getting trickier, with more and more hiring managers now looking for resumes that are targeted, and ones that stand out.
Generic resumes are a complete no in this day and age.
The minute a hiring manager comes across a generic one, that is the moment your chances with that company are diminished!
Here is a targeted resume sample to help you write your own:
Category Manager Resume Example
445 66th Street
Augusta, GA 89642
neilyates @ email . com
8+ years’ track record of success analyzing data and insights to determine industry trends in relation to assigned product categories. A proven leader who is capable of devising long-term development strategies and determining product positioning to maximize visibility.
• Competent at fostering effective relationships with vendors to ensure timely and accurate delivery of required products.
• Well-versed in developing exit strategies for unsuccessful products, while keeping the company’s brand in a strong position.
• Demonstrated ability to make forecasts for product demand, aimed at ensuring the stability of inventory.
• Effectively handles budget deployment and revenue for assigned categories.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Customer-focused Insight – Category Development Strategies
– Exit Strategy Management – Ranging and Pricing
– Portfolio Management – Trends Identification
– Pricing Surveys – Vendor Performance Evaluation
– Value Enhancement – Budgeting
- Reduced the cost of overheads for 5 assigned categories, by placing all of them on one shelf.
- Took measures to ensure that all received products were in compliance with established company standards.
- Singlehandedly developed and implemented exit strategies for 3 failed products while ensuring reputation maintenance of the brand.
- Improved the procurement process by bringing onboard a team of specialized procurement officers to effectively handle each associated procedure.
Swire Coca-Cola, Augusta, GA
2012 – Present
• Create and implement pricing, promotion, and assortment for each assigned product category
• Managed shelf schematics for product categories, based on a detailed analysis of past performances
• Negotiate and collaborate with vendors and suppliers to ensure procurements of products in a timely manner
• Provide training and development to store-level managers and specialists
• Communicate pertinent information such as merchandising plans, ad plans, and price changes to support offices and operation teams
• Create annual business plans and budgets based on company initiatives and market trends
• Ensure that store inventory levels were within company standards and report any discrepancies
• Conduct post promotional analysis to ensure that sales are properly tracked and profit results are made evident
Amazon Corporate, Augusta, GA
2009 – 2012
• Assisted in developing product sourcing strategies to deliver against business objectives
• Evaluated suppliers’ core competencies and competitive positioning within the industry
• Provided support in managing the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities
• Managed daily category vendor relations and growth opportunities within the assigned category
• Used market, competitive, and customer perceptions analysis to set and tweak price levels
Bachelor of Business Administration
Augusta College, Augusta, GA | 2005