Nowadays, trolling the job market with mediocre resumes is a horror.
Things are getting trickier, with more and more hiring managers now looking for resumes that are targeted, and ones that stand out.
Generic resumes are a complete no in this day and age.
The minute a hiring manager comes across a generic one, that is the moment your chances with that company are diminished!
Here is a targeted resume sample to help you write your own:
445 66th Street | Augusta, GA 89642 | (000) 432-1242 | neilyates @ email . com
8+ years’ track record of success analyzing data and insights to determine industry trends in relation to assigned product categories. A proven leader who is capable of devising long-term development strategies determining product positioning to maximize visibility.
• Competent at fostering effective relationships with vendors to ensure timely and accurate delivery of required products
• Well versed in developing exit strategies for unsuccessful products, while keeping the company’s brand in a strong position
• Demonstrated ability to make forecasts for product demand, aimed at ensuring stability of inventory
• Effectively handles budget deployment and revenue for assigned categories
Areas of Expertise
Customer-focused Insight – Category Development Strategies – Exit Strategy Management – Ranging and Pricing – Portfolio Management – Trends Identification – Pricing Surveys – Vendor Performance Evaluation – Value Enhancement – Budgeting
Cost Reduction: Reduced the cost of overheads for 5 assigned categories, by placing all of them in one shelf.
Compliance: Took measures to ensure that all received products were in compliance with established company standards.
Strategizing: Singlehandedly developed and implemented exit strategies for 3 failed products, while ensuring reputation maintenance of the brand.
Process Improvement: Improved the procurement process by bringing onboard a team of specialized procurement officers to effectively handle each associated procedure.
Swire Coca-Cola, Augusta, GA | 2012 – Present
• Create and implement pricing, promotion and assortment for each assigned product category
• Managed shelf schematics for product categories, based on detailed analysis of past performances
• Negotiate and collaborate with vendors and suppliers to ensure procurements of products in a timely manner
• Provide training and development to store level managers and specialists
• Communicate pertinent information such as merchandising plans, ad plans and price changes to support offices and operation teams
• Create annual business plans and budgets based on company initiatives and market trends
• Ascertain that store inventory levels were within company standards and report any discrepancies
• Conduct post promotional analysis to ensure that sales are properly tracked and profit results are made evident
Amazon Corporate, Augusta, GA| 2009 – 2012
• Assisted in developing product sourcing strategies to deliver against business objectives
• Evaluated suppliers’ core competencies and competitive positioning within the industry
• Provided support in managing the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities
• Managed daily category vendor relations and growth opportunities within the assigned category
• Used market, competitive and customer perceptions analysis to set and tweak price levels
Augusta College, Augusta, GA | 2005
Bachelor of Business Administration