A private security guard’s work is difficult. Hence, the resume he or she writes has to show that one is capable of handling it.
For a security guard position, your resume should highlight the information exactly what makes you an excellent person to hire.
Your knowledge of providing security, in addition to skills and experience in this field must be included.
Also, show your past achievements in the resume, so that recruiters can see how talented you are.
Look at the following resume sample to determine what you can write in yours when building a private security guard resume:
Private Security Guard Resume Sample
6003 Deal Road, Auburn, AL 27763
PRIVATE SECURITY GUARD
Physically strong Security Guard with 8+ years of solid track record of providing security to individuals and properties. Able to observe signs of crime, and intervene immediately, in order to ensure constant security.
• Devised a unique security system, as a result, decreased crime by 88%.
• Identified a potential loophole in the security system.
• Implemented a new monitoring system.
• Saved a client from possible harm, by recognizing signs of an attack, and leading her to safety.
|Reporting||Incident Intervention||Alarms Setting|
|Disturbance Investigation||Entrance Monitoring||Emergency Handling|
|Violations Handling||Violator Apprehending||Detection Devices|
Private Security Guard
Guards Galore, Auburn, AL | 2015 – Present
• Engage clients in conversation in order to determine their personal security needs.
• Monitor entrance and egress points in clients’ homes or offices.
• Patrol in and around homes and offices to determine possible threats.
• Provide clients with heads up on how to handle adverse situations.
• Investigate disturbances.
• Operate detecting devices such as screening equipment to determine threats.
• Accompany clients to events and appointments.
• Keep a lookout for problems such as suspicious individuals and circumstances.
• Create and submit reports of criminal incidents.
Tether Corporation, Auburn, AL | 2011-2015
• Checked alarm systems in order to ensure good working order.
• Contacted authorities, such as the fire department or hospitals in cases of emergencies.
• Patrolled assigned areas.
• Intervened in suspicious activities, for example, threats of graffiti or theft.
• Prevented unauthorized entrance to assigned areas.
Graduated in 2010
St. Peter’s High School, Auburn AL