What exactly does an objective do to help a candidate? Where resumes are concerned, the objective is quite the focus. Writing a resume means putting in a lot of information into a single document. If part of that information is the objective, there is a huge chance that your resume will be picked up and reviewed by an interested potential employer.
Resumes that lack objectives are quite often rejected by uninterested employers. Let’s face it – there has to be an introduction to a document which is almost as comprehensive as the resume is. The objective makes sure that it provides some sort of structure to the document, allowing a potential employer to zero in on your capabilities and competencies. Once this is successfully done, there is very little that will stop him or her from wanting to know more about you – through an interview.
Basically, a resume objective needs to be all-encompassing where information is concerned. While there isn’t a whole lot that you can place into an objective since you have little space, you can pretty much write all that is important to a hiring manager. These 3 or 4 lines are just a block of prose that highlight what is to come in the rest of the resume. Here are some examples:
Sample Objectives for Fast Food Manager Resume
• Fast Food Manager with over 10 years of experience in running the operational end of busy fast food joints, currently seeking a position at Captain Cook’s. Efficiently organizes stock and equipment and plans budgets to maximize profits.
• Highly experienced and competent Fast Food Manager seeking a position at Henry’s Burger Joint. Successful track record of coordinating work schedules of crew members, ensuring standards of hygiene and sanitation and delivery of exceptional customer services. Compet in handling inventory, food supply management and revenue generation.
• Seeking a position as a Fast Food Manager at The Italian Pizza House. Ensures delivery of high-quality food items and high-end customer services, manages restaurant shifts, and resolves customer complaints in a timely manner.
• Desire a Fast Food Manager position at Freddy’s Diner. Eager to apply exceptional skills in handling the operational, administrative and food service ends of busy fast food establishments.
• To work as a Fast Food Manager for Pomelo Café. Bringing expertise in overseeing the propriety of food preparation and service activities, setting and assisting staff members in achieving targets, and overseeing food and supplies inventory.