Creating a resume for an electrical engineering technologist position will require you to indulge in a self-assessment first.
You need to chart out what must be part of an effective resume.
To be honest, there is no single right way of writing a resume – you might need different versions of your resume when applying for different positions.
While a good resume is no guarantee that you will get the job, a bad resume will definitely ruin all your chances of obtaining one, so you must be extremely articulate when writing one.
For an electrical engineering technologist position, the following resume will give you ideas on how to write one:
See also: Electrical Engineering Technologist Cover Letter
Electrical Engineering Technologist Resume Sample
278 Archer Road, Cedar City, UT 25202
cooperg @ email . com
Electrical Engineering Technologist
Dedicated electrical engineering professional with exceptional skills in handling equipment and procedures used in the development of parts and assemblies. Easily adaptable to change in electrical technology with a great eagerness towards learning and expanding capabilities.
• Able to read and interpret mechanical drawing and engineering specifications with a view to chart out effective procedures
• Well versed in performing complex inspection and evaluation on electrical components
• Functional ability to manage large scope electrical engineering projects with minimal supervision
• Track record of providing leadership focused on accomplishing project objectives
• Electrical Assemblies
• Specialized Equipment
• Quality Assurance
• Photovoltaic Products
• Installation Review
• Specifications Conformity
• Records Compilation
• Designed and implemented a transmission and distribution system within a record time of three months.
• Reduced project costs by 37% through the use of recycled assemblies.
• United 5 teams of electrical engineering technologists to work on Project X, which had a 100% success rate.
• Developed a revolutionary electrical chip, being used as the master chip in all electrical assemblies.
Electrical Engineering Technologist
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Cedar City, UT | 6/2013-Present
• Set up, operate and maintain test equipment to evaluate the performance of parts and assemblies
• Handle assembling duties pertaining to electrical and electronic systems and prototypes
• Provide assistance in resolving technical issues transpiring before, during and after project procedures have been put into place
• Review existing electrical systems to gauge revisions, repairs, and amendments needed
• Install electrical control systems and perform preventative and regular maintenance on them
• Test equipment to determine usability and conformity to set electrical engineering standards
• Plan and execute a sequence of operations and analyze test information to determine and solve design-related issues
• Create and modify components and build and test electrical components of prototypes
• Create documentation at each stage of building and testing
Apprentice – Electrical Engineering
Toll Temps, Cedar City, UT | 2/2011-6/2013
• Assisted in preparing and setting up test equipment to evaluate the performance of assemblies
• Diagnosed and tested the performance of electrical components
• Operated standard and specialized testing equipment
• Performed regular and scheduled maintenance on electrical components and equipment
• Assisted in testing prepared assemblies and systems for quality and conformance
Associate of Arts in Electrical Engineering
Utah Engineering College, Cedar City, UT – 2012
National Association of Electrical Engineering Technicians (NAEET)