A resume is basically a persuasive document, aimed at earning the candidate a job interview.
Writing an impressive resume for the principal position is not very difficult, provided you make smart use of available sources i.e. your experience and qualifications.
Researching the type of job you are interested in is the first step towards effective resume writing.
Look up the required skills and preferred qualifications attached to principal jobs at various websites and identify the corresponding ones from your own profile.
It is also important to screen the target job advertisement and draw on the very key terms used by the employer in your resume to make it more meaningful for the potential employer.
See also: Principal Cover Letter
Principal Resume Sample
322 E Taylor St, Savannah, GA 38607
barbra @ email .com
A dynamic leader and educationalist serving as principal/vice principal for the last seven years. Particularly skilled in faculty management, parental dealing, initiative designing, and administrative tasks. Consistent track record of ensuring the alignment of an instructional program with the approved curriculum.
• Documented success in initiating and implementing effective teachers’ training programs.
• Proven ability to involve the community in promotional programs
• Substantial knowledge of mainstreaming and government policies regarding the same
• Valid GA Department of Education License with administrative supervision endorsement
• Enhanced student enrollment by 20% and reduced dropouts by 8% during the first year of office charge through effective utilization of PR and activity-based promotion of the school at the community level
• Initiated and commenced mainstream classes after providing training to the teachers within a given budget, setting an example for other district schools to follow
– Policies development and implementation
– General Planning and Coordination
– Personal Skills Enhancement
– School/Curriculum Objectives Development
– Work Relationships Establishment
– Organizational Efficiency Facilitation
– Staff/Students Orientation
– Supplies and Equipment Management
Chatham Public School, Savannah, GA | 2010 – Present
• Communicate regularly with community stakeholders, government officials and faculty regarding any administrative or academic issues
• Supervise the curriculum implementation and gauge teachers’ performance regularly
• Commence specially designed staff training to enhance work performance
• Ensure that the school’s administrative machinery corresponds to the state-issued standards for district schools management
Kamehameha School, Savannah, GA | 2007 – 2010
• Utilized various sources of data collection to design a plan of action aimed at enhancing student performance
• Initiated multiple activities to strengthen the school-community bond
• Assisted in supervising the daily administrative tasks of the school, working closely with the principal, staff, faculty, and parents
University of Georgia, Savannah, GA | 2006
• Culturally sensitive, capable of running culturally diverse educational setups
• Tri-lingual (French, English, Spanish)