Resume is basically a persuasive document, aimed at earning the candidate a job interview. Writing an impressive resume for principal position is not very difficult, provided you make smart use of available sources i.e. your experience and qualifications.
Researching the type of job you are interested in is the first step towards effective resume writing. Look up the required skills and preferred qualifications attached to principal jobs at various websites and identify the corresponding ones from your own profile. It is also important to screen the target job advertisement and draw on the very key terms used by the employer in your resume to make it more meaningful for the potential employer.
Following is a principal resume sample for your guidance.
322 E Taylor St | Savannah, GA 38607 | (004) 555-6666 | barbra @ email .com
Performance Summary: A dynamic leader and educationalist serving as principal/vice principal for the last seven years. Particularly skilled in faculty management, parental dealing, initiative designing and administrative tasks. Consistent track record of ensuring the alignment of instructional program with the approved curriculum. Documented success in initiating and implementing effective teachers’ training programs.
• Proven ability to involve the community in promotional programs
• Substantial knowledge of main streaming and government policies regarding the same
• Valid GA Department of Education License with administrative supervision endorsement
|– Policies development and implementation||– Work Relationships Establishment|
|– General Planning and Coordination||– Organizational Efficiency Facilitation|
|– Personnel Skills Enhancement||– Staff/Students Orientation|
|– School/Curriculum Objectives Development||– Supplies and Equipment Management|
• Enhanced student enrollment by 20% and reduced drop outs by 8% during first year of office charge through effective utilization of PR and activity based promotion of the school at community level
• Initiated and commenced mainstream classes after providing training to the teachers within given budget, setting an example for other district schools to follow
Chatham County Public School, Savannah, GA | 2010 – Present
• Communicate regularly with community stake holders, government officials and faculty regarding any administrative or academic issues
• Supervise the curriculum implementation and gauge teachers’ performance regularly
• Commend specially designed staff trainings to enhance the work performance
• Ensure that the school’s administrative machinery corresponds to the state issued standards for district schools management
Kamehameha School, Savannah, GA | 2007 – 2010
• Utilized various sources of data collection to design plan of action aimed at enhancing student performance
• Initiated multiple activities to strengthen the school-community bond
• Assisted in supervising the daily administrative tasks of the school, working closely with the principal, staff, faculty and parents
• Culturally sensitive, capable of running culturally diverse educational set ups
• Tri-lingual (French, English, Spanish)
M.A. Education | University of Georgia, Savannah, GA | March 2007
Last updated on