A Hi-Lo driver is a person who drives industrial trucks and operates forklifts and similar equipment to transport, load, and unload merchandise.
In order to apply for a hi-lo driver job, you have to write a cover letter and a resume.
An effective cover letter is one that clearly communicates what value you will be adding if hired.
Here are a few helpful tips for writing an effective cover letter for the position.
How to write an effective hi-lo driver cover letter?
- Communicate what you can do for the firm instead of focusing on your needs.
- Address the hiring manager by name.
- Show your enthusiasm by a strong opening that conveys your genuine interest in the position and your passion to work for the employer.
- Use quantified achievements. Adding in numbers always gives you an edge.
- Suggest an interview or meeting in the closing paragraph.
Here is a great hi-lo driver cover letter example to guide you further.
Hi Lo Driver Cover Letter Example
833 Green Vale Avenue
thomas .jeffery @ email . com
August 21, 2022
Mr. Guilford McKenzie
932 Hill View Lane
Dear Mr. McKenzie:
Your job posting at indeed.com for a Hi-Lo driver attracted me because the job description you have provided closely complements my qualifications. I have been working in a similar capacity for the past 5 years and I’m fully familiar with all the tasks associated with this role and applicable safety protocols.
Here are some highlights of my qualifications:
- Safely delivering goods while driving Hi Lo trucks on intricate tracks.
- Operating forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Packaging, weighing, and labeling products with accuracy.
- Handling fragile merchandise with care.
- Loading and unloading trucks pre and post-delivery.
- Handling mechanics of fork hoists, pallet jacks, and hi-lo trucks.
Besides that, I am very skilled in inventory management and record keeping, and maneuvering forklifts and pallet jacks in confined spaces with extreme accuracy.
The above-summarized qualifications along with my exceptional time management and task prioritization skills qualify me for the hi-lo driver role. I’m confident that I can bring noticeable changes in your work environment as well as in productivity.
I would like to schedule an interview with you at your convenience. Please feel free to contact me in order to communicate a meeting date. Thank you for your time and consideration.